Anybody remember the setlist for the Chicago show in Fall '05

jhetfield99

New Metal Member
Feb 25, 2006
Indiana
Hey everybody, I'm new to the forums but not to Opeth. I've been a card carrying fan since 2000 when my buddy in fraternity played me April Ethereal.

Anyway, I was curious if anyone remembered the setlist from the show at the HOB in Chicago this most recent fall. It was my first time seeing the band live (4 hr drives are a pain in the ass, come to Indy guys!) and I was trying to figure out what all I've heard live. I like to keep lists of this for myt fave bands (yes I'm a concert dork). I've heard well over half of Metallica and Slayers material over the last 8 years and since Opeth is quickly moving to being my top band, I need to start making an Opeth list too.

From memory I think they opened with Baying of The Hounds. It seems like they played When, but I'm not sure. Same goes for Bleak.
I know they played In My Time Of Need, Face Of Melinda, Deliverance, Demon Of The Fall, and The Grand Conjuration, Blackwater Park. That is also approximately the order. There were no songs from the first two albums.

Does anyone remember? I also though there were 10 songs so maybe I'm missing one. Also, is Blackwater Park one that is normally played? It's been a fave of mine for a while. The crowd had been chanting for it all night so I thought maybe it was a rarity. Also, was this the standard setlist for the last tour?

One great memory from the show was it was the night of the World Series and Mikael asked the crowd if they were sad they were missing the baseball game. There was very little reaction to this. I have 2 theories. (1)Everyone there could have given a shit about baseball since it is a boring ass sport to watch, even though a local team was in it. (2)Like me a good portion of the crowd was not from the Chicago area at all. My buddy drove from Madison, WI and met me there. I came from Terre Haute, I saw lots of old friends from Purdue.

Anyway, can anybody help me?

I saw them in Montréal during the same tour. Here is the setlist:

The Baying Of The Hounds
When
Bleak
In My Time Of Need
The Grand Conjuration
Face Of Melinda
Deliverance
Blackwater Park
Demon Of The Fall

The Chicago setlist should be similar. ;)

it could have been the moor instead of the face of melinda. they switched those songs throughout the tour. my god, thats pathetic. i can remember the setlist for every tour from damnation to present.

I was there.

Lietuvis was right. It was Face of Melinda, not the Moor.

It was also an amazing show.