anybody wanna try mixing this - evanesence kinda metal/hard rock.

That should be good. Do midi and a wav where possible, although if you have to pick one or the other midi would be prefered (at least for me) and wavs for all the audio files, zip it and upload it here and I'm sure some people will give it a shot.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/4996715/mixfileslgb.rar heres the link

all wav's except for the drums which are midi. Lead guitar is not DI, its my Jem into Roland VG99 on a pretty good petrucci "glasgow kiss" setting i found on the net.

Thx for the interest lads, really looking forward to hearing what people with talent can do with this.

Are you planning to make a demo and spread it around for venues and or labels? If you do, i think you (or the guitarist who's playing it) really should reconsider practicing and re-recording those guitars. The guitars are not tight in my opinion, especially those palm mutes are really going in and out of time. I think it's a pity because the riff is not that hard too play, but especially for a song like this it has to be played übertight (not to be confused with robots). Second, i think the picking technique isn't really great either. It sounds like the guitarist is playing very soft and also because of that the palmmutes dont have a really tight/controlled sound.

I'm not trying to be the boogeyman here dude, i'm trying to get the best out of the song because it's a solid song. And in my opinion the style of music asks for a very tight and very fat sounding guitarsound, and it's still the thing that 90% of the tone is in the fingers/picking technique.

Offcourse i hope this helps you a bit in a way, it's not meant to bust anyone's balls. I think i'll make a mix anyhow :)

Are you planning to make a demo and spread it around for venues and or labels? If you do, i think you (or the guitarist who's playing it) really should reconsider practicing and re-recording those guitars. The guitars are not tight in my opinion, especially those palm mutes are really going in and out of time. I think it's a pity because the riff is not that hard too play, but especially for a song like this it has to be played übertight (not to be confused with robots). Second, i think the picking technique isn't really great either. It sounds like the guitarist is playing very soft and also because of that the palmmutes dont have a really tight/controlled sound.

I'm not trying to be the boogeyman here dude, i'm trying to get the best out of the song because it's a solid song. And in my opinion the style of music asks for a very tight and very fat sounding guitarsound, and it's still the thing that 90% of the tone is in the fingers/picking technique.

Offcourse i hope this helps you a bit in a way, it's not meant to bust anyone's balls. I think i'll make a mix anyhow :)

I agree, I hate to say it but the playing's rather sloppy, and the only way for it to really sound good is to be played tighter.

No offence taken lads, I can retrack the guitars if you guys like, I pick really, really softly though, always causes problems in the studio lol. I can play it back again hitting the strings harder if you'd like. Its not really for anything other than fun we're doing the songs no demo or anything like that. Its just myself and girl from Sweden and drummer for somewhere in the US doing these for fun.

new guitars uploading lads, sounds much better imho, i hit them as hard as i could. even di'd the solo. thx for the advice, if you guys need them changed again let me know.

yup 98bpm. the drums start at bar 9. Opening fine for me in sonar mate. I just tried importing it again and it fits right in.

Imported in reaper, they start at bar 10, and not at the good tempo with the audio. Even after deleting everything, setting tempo to 98, and importing everything again. It's the first time it happens to me.

thats weird, you might just need to drag them back by a bar and it should be fine, i can try and edit them some and upload again not bother mate. anyone else having that problem

I'll try again later, there is surely something I am missing :)

if you download the midi from the new link it's pefect, i may have accidently slid the midi when i was exporting it hence why it was out.

with new guitars and drums theres nothing left in the first link worth using lol.

Some points I can't understand:

-why 16bit wav track?
-why midi drum track isn't align with grid?
-why single guitar track if you looking for an evanescence sound like?
Dual track is a minimum for that style of stuff...