anybody wanna try mixing this - evanesence kinda metal/hard rock.

Some points I can't understand:

-why 16bit wav track?
-why midi drum track isn't align with grid?
-why single guitar track if you looking for an evanescence sound like?
Dual track is a minimum for that style of stuff...

i thought 16bit wav was the norm, i'm new to this and dunno what you guys usually use, should it be higher? I can upload any quality you like mate, but I think I tracked it using the default on Cakewalk Sonar 8 whatever that is.

The drums must of got moved, i uploaded a new one which should fit, i didn't realise it at the time that when i was clicking on it to export the midi i slid it up to exactly 1 32nd less than a full bar. Sorry about that.

I thought one track would be enough, i double tracked it when i recorded it, but those tracks sucked anyway so i retracked it with one better track. I can do a 2nd track or 4 tracks if required but it may take a bit of time, i have a full time job and 2 small kids to look after when I get home so recording time is limited.

I've learned lots already since I signed up and am open to the harshest forms of criticism (as long as its constructive) so feel free to point out as much thats wrong as ye can. As imho having someone whose good at the job point out where I'm going wrong is better and helps me learn faster than just doing my own thing.

Thanks for taking the time to download (everyone) and I look forward to your mixes and all the faults ye can find in my tracking, writing and arranging.

-I cant get the midi drums to align
-We need two rhythms (one on each side)

Really want to do this but cant until these things are done :) What daw u using? If cubase please host the project

i thought 16bit wav was the norm, i'm new to this and dunno what you guys usually use, should it be higher? I can upload any quality you like mate, but I think I tracked it using the default on Cakewalk Sonar 8 whatever that is.

16bit44khz is simply your final master product but your recorded track need to be at 24bit44khz minimum

I thought one track would be enough, i double tracked it when i recorded it, but those tracks sucked anyway so i retracked it with one better track. I can do a 2nd track or 4 tracks if required but it may take a bit of time, i have a full time job and 2 small kids to look after when I get home so recording time is limited.

Don't worry man, dual track would be optimum for what you looking for but take the time for do this well;)
I understand about familly...etc. Same for many here...

Good luck:headbang:

cheers mate, i'll work with 24bit anymore. thanks for the tip.

got the 2nd guitar uploaded to the new guitars link, hopefully it'll sound much better.

@OP: I just listened to clip and didn't download the tracks, so I don't know what is in the package, but justa few pointers:

- 24bit 44.1khz wav
- Two (or four) tracks of rhythm guitars, one bass track
- If retracking the tracks at 24bit (not converting, but actually re-recording) is an option, please do so.
- Guitar DI-tracks are appriciated too, if there is only miced amp tracks.
- Play tighter too than you did in the first clip, if it's not too much to ask.
- Consolidate and make everything the same lenght and align nicely to bar 0, including the midi
- synths as both audio and midi (if applies)

Hope it helps,
ahj

Can anyone post unprocessed wav. of the drums? why are the drums in midi anyway?

:Smug:

Can anyone post unprocessed wav. of the drums? why are the drums in midi anyway?

if your having trouble with the midi just download the fixed one in the first post. i can upload wavs if you want but they are drumkit from hell samples and from what i gather most people think they are awful.

@OP: I didn't download the tracks so I don't know what is in the package, but justa few pointers:

- 24bit 44.1khz wav
- Two (or four) tracks of rhythm guitars, one bass track
- If retracking the tracks at 24bit (not converting, but actually re-recording) is an option, please do so.
- Guitar DI-tracks are appriciated too, if there is only miced amp tracks.
- Play tighter too than you did in the first clip, if it's not too much to ask.
- Consolidate and make everything the same lenght and align nicely to bar 0, including the midi
- synths as both audio and midi (if applies)

Hope it helps,
ahj

Big time mate. Dunno if i can get recording at 24bit for this one i'll try.

I think i have everything now just in 16 bit i'll repackage and upload everything in one file for the guys which might will probably be handier.

and oh yeah... don't bounce mono sources as stereo. takes double the unnessecary space

cheers mate, just a side question I record guitar in stero, should I record it mono, and what instruments should I record mono and stereo, sorry for being a nuisance.

cheers mate, just a side question I record guitar in stero, should I record it mono, and what instruments should I record mono and stereo, sorry for being a nuisance.

sources that only have one output, like a vocal microphone, guitar jack and so on.

And I downloaded the tracks, but I'm afraid that the main problem is in the source, and it's pretty much only polishing that we can do. The playing, and even the drum programming, is very sloppy; even on my standards, which are way below this forum's average.

sources that only have one output, like a vocal microphone, guitar jack and so on.

And I downloaded the tracks, but I'm afraid that the main problem is in the source, and it's pretty much only polishing that we can do. The playing, and even the drum programming, is very sloppy; even on my standards, which are way below this forum's average.

cheers mate, from now on i'll record vox and guitar in mono at 24 bit, thx for the advice. ya the playing is pretty much a rush job and none of us had a whole lot of time to practice and get it very tight at all. I only wrote the song, pretty much recorded the guitars in one take than sent it off to get the vox and drums to be recorded along to it. The drummer only had the song a night when he recorded his part (on a midi kit).

Thanks again for the advice and critique, I'm gonna try and convince everyone to do their parts again and see if they are up for it.

if your having trouble with the midi just download the fixed one in the first post. i can upload wavs if you want but they are drumkit from hell samples and from what i gather most people think they are awful.

Post them, I don't care about it. All I want is to mix something, not engineer it. I don't have anything decent to use midi drum files anyway. Thanks allready!

I can post my consolidated version of the drums if you guys like (somewhat edited)

yeah mate, that'd be cool. I'd love to hear it, tbh I just redid what the drummer did for my new edit, but put everything in time programming it with the mouse. I'd love to hear your take on them mate.

Here you guys go Clickmeeeeh

I quantised some parts, but not everything because i thought i was too much work to edit everything. You can hear the kick is flamming a little bit too, there are tiny tiny notes before every kickdrum note, and i was not feeling like removing them all. Replace the kick with a sample and you should be fine. Probably your drummer set his kick sensitivity too high. Drums are SD2.0 Metal Foundry by the way

I'll go with these as I still have trouble aligning the midi... It's perfectly in time with the tempo, but it's like all audio files are a bit slower... I just can't figure out why, I've ttried many things.