anybody works with waves L3???

gabriel g.

Sep 7, 2006
Hamburg
www.myspace.com
hi everyone, first of all I want to say sorry for my last post.

I was a little bit drunk:puke:

So I have the studiopak of U-Audio. They are amazing compressors on it but no real mastering multiband.

So I thought of the L3. I think diamond and platinum pack of waves is a great think but to expencive.

The L3 cost about 500euro. Does it hold the promisses waves make;)

Please answer

I do know that U-Audio have a multiband, buuuttttt

I don´t want that one becccaaauuussseee

I use alot of the plugins from the UAUDIO studiopak so the cpu of it is at his limito_O

So I thought of a non dsp plugin.

But thanks:kickass:

ah i see, the precesion multiband does eat the uad's cpu.

buy the cheapest waves native bundle with a c4 in it, or get a powercore and use eqsat

XGabrielX said:
I do know that U-Audio have a multiband, buuuttttt

I don´t want that one becccaaauuussseee

I use alot of the plugins from the UAUDIO studiopak so the cpu of it is at his limito_O

So I thought of a non dsp plugin.

But thanks:kickass:

You use that many plug-ins for mastering? Or are you trying to stick this across the 2 buss during mixing?

The differences between the two L3 plugins are just that one lets you set specifically what you want the multiband to do and the one that looks like the L2 just lets you pick from some sample profiles. I really don't like Waves' software limiters at all, they change the lows/highs of the mix too much. I had to use the L2 once though and got decent results when I really compressed everything below like 120hz with the C1 comp sidechain and it turned out alright. For Waves' Limiters you really have to have the bass optimized and a really balanced mix. You should try Timeworks limiter, really good for a software limiter.

Ok guys, do this:

A lot of people claim that the Waves SSL comp really hit the spot, so make it *multiband*.

How?

Simple, just take a good phase-coherent eq (like the Algorithmix, Waves or the PSP), put four instances on four groups. Set all the (prefader)sends from the to be mastered audiofile open to those groups, and put the channelfader down.

Create four audiobands with the LP/HP filters (lets say 0-120Hz, 120-600, 600-2k, 2k-inf) and put a SSLcomp behind each eq. (Don't forget that since everything is phasecoherent, the cutofffrequencies should be at -6dB!)

Voila, SSL multiband compression.

Reactions: XtremeParanoia