Anyone a fan of Falconer?

Dolamite S. Biffle

Biffliest Person Ever
May 2, 2005
Atlantis
I just picked up the first two Falconer albums, Falconer and Chapters From A Quest Forlorn, because I figured I love Scepter of Deception. Boy was I shocked when they had a different singer that doesnt even have half the emotion and power that their new singer has. What does anyone else think?

Also does anyone know anything about their disc, I have only read two reviews for it and one said it was mediocre while another a little better than average. I just wanted to know from a true fan of Falconer.

Also what are your thoughts on Falconer re-recording the first two albums as well as perhaps performing at PP VIII

I like the new singer, but I became a fan listening to the original singer. Less power? Maybe. But, the clarity of his voice was great. I still prefer the first two albums, although Sceptre isn't bad. I have the latest on pre-order . ..

Steve in Philly

I like all three, but I like the first 2 better than the third. Their original singer didn't have the powerful voice of the new, but I prefered the clarity and tone of his voice. He quit to persue a carrer in theater, and he appears on the third disc as a special guest.
And yes, they'd be great at PPVII.

I liked the first and third Falconer releases (the current is their 4th). I've read a couple good reviews and will eventually get it.

DarkOne said:
I like the new singer, but I became a fan listening to the original singer. Less power? Maybe. But, the clarity of his voice was great. I still prefer the first two albums, although Sceptre isn't bad. I have the latest on pre-order . ..

Steve in Philly

same here, I love Falconer, but the original singer was really amazing, the new guy is also great.

They put on a great show at BWBK#1. They had a lot of enthusiasm and the current singer was just entering the fold at that time. They didn't miss anything the entire weekend and it was a great time. Musically, I thought they were very good live and their songs came across as much more "folky" live. They certainly had everyone moving!

I like the first two albums, especially because of the singer. The new singer is just ordinary in my opinion. What made them stand out at the beginning was the voice of the original singer, but now they have fallen into the typical power metal category. I also saw them at BW&BK Fest but was not too impressed...I guess it had a lot to do with the disappointment over the new singer. What happened to them is similar than what happened to Dark Moor and now Lost Horizon...vocalists, especially good ones with very unique voice, are very hard to replace,

I agree with alexofbodom. I liked the singer in the first two albums. I loved his clarity and the deeper tone to his voice. I don't know about the new singer but was sorry that the first singer had to leave. I think it is because he could not tour with the band since he was in theatre. Not that he was pursuing theatre. He was already an actor.

Wow, I cant believe this response. But it is all only opinion. Maybe if I had heard the first two first rather than the third first, I would agree. I guess we will never know.

Dolamite S. Biffle said:
I just picked up the first two Falconer albums, Falconer and Chapters From A Quest Forlorn, because I figured I love Scepter of Deception. Boy was I shocked when they had a different singer that doesnt even have half the emotion and power that their new singer has. What does anyone else think?

Also does anyone know anything about their disc, I have only read two reviews for it and one said it was mediocre while another a little better than average. I just wanted to know from a true fan of Falconer.

Also what are your thoughts on Falconer re-recording the first two albums as well as perhaps performing at PP VIII

I agree with you. A friend played them for me originally and I didn't care for the singer. I went to the first BW&BK and really liked the new one, Krisstopher Goble. I have Sceptre of Deception and really like it. To each his own I guess.

dargormudshark said:
Wings of Serenity is off the third one right? I thought that was the same guy as on the first 2. They really crank out the albums

Wings of Serenity is off their debut album

I much prefer Mattias Blad to the new singer (although he is good.) Mattias had a clarity and tone that is hard to beat, kind of like Roy Kahn. It is also just a matter of being used to someone and then someone else is there, you have to get used to it. Falconer is really just a change of direction from Mithotyn (a black metal band) for founder Stephan Wienerhall (or however you spell it). He was tired of that scene but musically it is amazing how similar the guitar parts are (because he plays them lol), and of course the drummer is the same guy too. The black metal vocals are really bad on Mithotyn though IMO but if you are a fan of esp. the 1st Falconer release's guitar playing (riffage), maybe check them out.

I'm down, though I've only heard the first two albums. I definitely wouldn't mind seeing them at a future ProgPower.

Stay metal. Never rust.
Met-Al