Anyone else heard the latest Fuel yet ?

Bryant

Mr. Sleepy
Apr 14, 2002
Sweet home Alabama
Visit site
I made a post about this once before, but am too lazy to search for it. My wife drove the van today so I was stuck in my little truck with no CD player and I heard "Million Miles" on the way to work on the radio. I guess they released another single off of the CD. That made me think about this place....
I posted this in case anyone has heard any of their newer stuff and liked it, but was scared to give them a try. In my few experiences of buying radio rock releases, I mostly have been stuck with two or three cool songs and a bunch of filler. The Fuel CD "Natural Selection" is kick ass pretty much cover to cover. There are only two swongs I don't care for. According to the official website, the guitarist/songwriter Carl Bell locked himself in his house for over a year playing and writng. On top of all of that, the band rips as well. This band would blow the doors off many metal bands out there. They get pretty heavy on this CD. This is one of the best CDs I bought in 2003.

Bryant

I've heard of them but never heard them. If I come across a cheap used disc I'll give them a shot.

Greeno said:
I've heard of them but never heard them. If I come across a cheap used disc I'll give them a shot.
I would be wary of "any disc" by them. They have a song called "Hemmorrhage (In My Hands)" which is probably their best song, from their previous album, but the album itself isn't great. You probably have that song if you have heard no others. It is an "instant classic" and is still played today on radio stations. These are the lyrics:

Memories are just where you laid them
Drag the waters ’till the depths give up their dead
What did you expect to find?
Was there something you left behind?
Don’t you remember anything I said when I said

Don’t fall away, and leave me to myself
Don’t fall away and leave love bleeding
In my hands, in my hands again
Leave love bleeding
In my hands, in my hands
Love lies bleeding

Oh hold me now I feel contagious
Am I the only place that you’ve left to go
She cries her life is like
Some movie black and white
Dead actors faking lines
Over and over and over again she cries

Don’t fall away, and leave me to myself
Dont fall away, and leave love bleeding
Leave love bleeding
In my hands, in my hands
Love lies bleeding

And I wanted
You turned away
You don’t remember, but I do
You never even tried

Don’t fall away and leave me to myself
Don’t fall away and leave love bleeding
Leave love bleeding
In my hands, in my hands
Love lies bleeding

Anyway that is a great song, but you need to get the "Natural Selection" CD to get one that rocks cover to cover. I don't "recommend" a lot of CDs here unless someone is asking for a recommendation as everyone has different tastes, but I would be surprised if someone here didn't get into these guys.

Bryant

With all due respect Bryant, I find that radio friendly, premeditated stuff to be pure fluff. Whatever winds your watch though, cos' I am certain there's a bunch of stuff I like that many could careless about. I think I mentioned that I have their sunburn disc, that was edgey, what I have heard since is almost like this second rate "Filter."