Anyone else looking forward to the new Amorphis?

Papa Josh said:
Earache has done some interesting shit with new Ephel Duath promo, the track ids do not coincide with the beginnings of actual songs, to prevent ripping..

yeah, i've read about that. it's not a bad idea but apparently, it didn't help... the whole album could be found in good quality on direct connect long before the release...

@centipedex: i have a mac too... seems that those neat machines don't have any problems with copy protection, because so far, i was able to rip anything (the only copy protected cd i have is the new blind guardian live, but i already had to rip some protected pop shit for my sister - it worked out well.) and since the new amorphis has the same protection i already tricked on the BG live disc, i'll probably be able to rip it. as long as this is the case, i'll still make exceptions and buy the albums of my fave bands (BG and amorphis happen to be among them) even if they're "protected"

Shakermaker said:
....as long as this is the case, i'll still make exceptions and buy the albums of my fave bands (BG and amorphis happen to be among them) even if they're "protected"

You have the new live BG album?? Wow. Didn't even think they had finished mastering that one yet! Hope it's good.

JayKeeley said:
You have the new live BG album?? Wow. Didn't even think they had finished mastering that one yet! Hope it's good.

it's been out for some time here in europe (i take it you're from the US?!?).
it's a very good live-album... almost too good, if you know what i mean ;)
i've seen them live on that tour and their playing was close to perfect, but i'd still say that there are a few studio-tricks on the album... ah well, it's fucking great nonetheless.
but hansis announcements are still as crappy as on tokyo tales :D

Shakermaker said:
it's been out for some time here in europe (i take it you're from the US?!?).

Yeah I'm from NY. I did not realize it was out already even in Europe - good to know, thanks.

it's a very good live-album... almost too good, if you know what i mean ;)
i've seen them live on that tour and their playing was close to perfect, but i'd still say that there are a few studio-tricks on the album

I did see them a couple of times over here, and there are definitely times when Hansi can't hit the high notes...and then sometimes he can. They were pretty inconsistent in my opinion - the show at ProgPower was pretty lacklustre compared to the NY show they put on during their own tour with Symphony X.

yeah, hansi's performance is critical sometimes but especially the newer songs must be very difficult for him to pull off...
instrumentally they got the trick IMHO. andré is an amazing guitarist and thomen knows how to play them drums. there were 1-2 songs at the show i attended which sounded "bad", but that was partly due to the mixing and partly to the material itself. must be hard to bring a song like "punishment divine" on stage. or that chorus in "under the ice" :D

I saw a new video by them and wasn't too impressed but that is the only one I heard so maybe the rest of the cd is good???