Anyone else reading/watching Attack on Titan?

I don't care how funny you try and make it, when Aaron's mom gets eaten my stomach still lurches. I almost couldn't keep watching the anime after that, and that's what? 15 minutes into the series?

Then I humbly recommend that you don't read the manga. The anime is much tamer than the manga.... which is a bit of a let down, but I can understand their reasoning.

The cpr scene (episode 5? 6? maybe... during the Trost siege) may have seen a bit confusing, with Armin watching his friend trying to revive her boyfriend. ... what they don't show is that the lower half of his body is gone.... churning with other pieces parts of people in a titan's stomach, waiting to be regurgitated like a hairball.

Gruesome, yet powerful. ...

Personally I prefer the original voice actors because they're going to be truer to the inflections and emotions intended by the creators, as the creators rarely, if ever, have any control over the dubbing voice actors.

As evidence one can reference any anime that Cartoon Network aired in the mid 90s through the early 2000s. Such butchery (chiefly by Funimation, for no good reason).

Cowboy Bebop was on Cartoon Network in the early 2000s, so not every anime on CN had bad voice acting.

I think I'll have to give this series a go. I see it's on Netflix, I have a friend who's watching it, there's a heavy AOT presence at this weekend's ComicCon in Minneapolis, and now this thread. All within the span of 24 hours. I guess I'll bite and watch it, but I'm going to finish my current show first.

I think I'll have to give this series a go. I see it's on Netflix, I have a friend who's watching it, there's a heavy AOT presence at this weekend's ComicCon in Minneapolis, and now this thread. All within the span of 24 hours. I guess I'll bite and watch it, but I'm going to finish my current show first.

I just finished the Season last night, it's supurb, and has the foundation laid to become this generation's NG:E, honestly. The art is sublime, the story is pretty good, and the following is massive.

Best Anime I've seen in a very long time. One I may actually pick up the manga for.

I just finished the Season last night, it's supurb, and has the foundation laid to become this generation's NG:E, honestly. The art is sublime, the story is pretty good, and the following is massive.

Best Anime I've seen in a very long time. One I may actually pick up the manga for.

The art is fantastic. I love the idea and am looking forward to seeing where it all goes from here. I just hope it isn't a long drawn out story. I am not really into much manga / anime but I really enjoy this. I also read Spiral and Drifting Classroom. Wish someone would make those into cartoons! I saw the live actions for each.

I haven't watched it yet, it's next on my list after I finish SAO, but yes the following in Japan is huge, second only to One Piece (which is the most popular manga of all time in Japan).

I haven't watched it yet, it's next on my list after I finish SAO, but yes the following in Japan is huge, second only to One Piece (which is the most popular manga of all time in Japan).

I just finished SAO last night and overall I'm mixed about it. I really like the first half, but not so much the second half. Asuna going from capable fighter to relatively helpless damsel in distress was disappointing.

So, finally finished it off (after taking a break to watch Kill La Kill. Fun series.) and certainly a hell of a place to end it. I was kinda spoiled on the identity of the female titan, so it wasn't a surprise, but I probably could have figured that out on my own.

Man, this series is filled with ose and melodrama. It got a bit wearing with about half of every episode either focusing on internal dialog about their feelings or people yelling/pointing weapons at each other.