anyone else think frankie got dissed on MMD?

max

Apr 25, 2002
london
Visit site
ok just got my copy today and not really viewed listened properly.
but initial thoughts:

to not include frankie on the extras section is plain out of order. the guy was in the band for like 15 years and to leave him out is plain rude. the excuse was very lame: "we ran out of time". yeah right guys...
how long would it have taken to include a little 5 minute segment on the guy??

he does not seem to be in that many shots in the DVD.

sound on 'got the time' bass solo, and 'got in a mosh' bass intro is so damn low, almost non existent.
overall the bass is so low in the mix on the CD. WHY?

and what is up with charlie's bass drum sound??

Maybe they asked him and he said fuck off, I'm not doing it. Don't go blaming the band for dissing him when he may have done the dissing.

ye good point actually.
but didn't someone from the band say they were going to include his section but "time prevented them from doing so" hence me blaming the band. lame excuse.

max said:
he does not seem to be in that many shots in the DVD.

sound on 'got the time' bass solo, and 'got in a mosh' bass intro is so damn low, almost non existent.
overall the bass is so low in the mix on the CD. WHY?

and what is up with charlie's bass drum sound??

There are plenty of shots of Frankie on the DVD, what do you want, one camera on him the whole time. I dont think there are enough shots of Charlie.

The bass level is perfect. What are you listening to it through. Your TV, is it in stereo 2.0, or are you listening to it in 5.1. On my surround system the bass shakes my windows and I can feel it pound in my chest. Maybe its your system that is the problem.

like i said i've not watched it all the way through but on first impressions it struck me immediately that he was not as prominently featured. true there could have been more charlie too.
the editing is a bit shitty too. it looks quite rushed. don;t like the menus either.

i'm listening to the CD through a marrantz CD player and cambridge audio amp, through very good tannoy speakers.
the sound just seems a bit hollow with not much bass presence.

i will have to watch the DVD at my friend's house, who has a shit hot DVD and 5 speaker set up if you say it's that good. i'm sure it is but my TV is not so hot.
oh well at least the cover is good...

Didn't notice a problem with not hearing the bass.
As for not being in the extras...face it, he's not in the band now. I didn't see Paul Bostaph in Slayer's DVD extras. It came out after he left the band, and I didn't expect to see him.

I have a few problems with the sound as well on MoMD... no bass, weird kick drum sound, muddy guitars. I hate to say anything less than stellar about our boys, for fear of getting kicked out of the glee club, but that's what I heard. Overall I enjoyed it though. And now I want a bar like Bush's in my new place.

I noticed the lack of Frankie in the extras, but assumed it was due to his departure. A 2-3 minute "thanks for being there for us" montage mighta been nice, put together by the other four, but given the newness of his departure, it mighta been a sore point at the time.

At least they didn't pull an Iced Earth and list him as a "guest musician" or anything lame like that... :D

I'm gonna try to get a review of the DVD up tonight. Definitely not a 10/10 release, but I'm thinking a solid 7.

InfernalKeith said:
I have a few problems with the sound as well on MoMD... no bass, weird kick drum sound, muddy guitars. I hate to say anything less than stellar about our boys, for fear of getting kicked out of the glee club, but that's what I heard. Overall I enjoyed it though. And now I want a bar like Bush's in my new place.

I noticed the lack of Frankie in the extras, but assumed it was due to his departure. A 2-3 minute "thanks for being there for us" montage mighta been nice, put together by the other four, but given the newness of his departure, it mighta been a sore point at the time.

At least they didn't pull an Iced Earth and list him as a "guest musician" or anything lame like that... :D

I'm gonna try to get a review of the DVD up tonight. Definitely not a 10/10 release, but I'm thinking a solid 7.
Keith, we saw the bitterness over not being thanked. Give it up, dude. :erk:

just fiddle with your basic equalizer settings,i have an old sony stereo with 10 equalizer knobs and find them pin perfect for getting exactly the sound you want,as for frank he is outta the band why include him when this is the best opportunity to move on without him!!!

although i am stating the obvious this dvd is built for playing at house shaking proportions wich is where the dvd truly shines,its all about the music as they say!!!

Keith, we saw the bitterness over not being thanked. Give it up, dude.

Hey, I had a 14-out-of-10 review ready to go, but noooooo.... ;)

Part of it is that I just don't like live records that much. Always been a thing of mine, and I try to mention it any time I review one. I'd rather SEE the show, or hear the studio cuts, in most cases.

Tho it IS nice to have Bush on the old tracks. Can't wait for the re-recorded stuff.

MR WU -
who are you????

anyway there is a big difference between paul bostaph and frankie. frankie was with anthrax for like 15 years! paul was only really a hired gun with slayer.

ok then it was frankie's choice, as mr wu says, so i no longer blame the band...

Who knows...when did frankie get 86'ed? When was the DVD mastered? Did the go back and take him out?? Or was it like the VH-1 special.The Billy Milano thing??? What do you think??

I dunno I mean look at the Return Of The Killer A's cd...It seems Frankie didn't have much to do with that one either.He only had a sentence for a thank you list and didn't play on "Ball Of Confusion" I think around that time it was rumored he was leaving at that time too.So it's hard to say why there was no segment from him on the DVD..only the band knows the real reason...

thraxx said:
Who knows...when did frankie get 86'ed? When was the DVD mastered? Did the go back and take him out?? Or was it like the VH-1 special.The Billy Milano thing??? What do you think??

Why do people still think that Billy Milano ever deserved to be in the behind the music special. When was Billy a part of Anthrax. hmmmmmmmmm how about never.