Anyone ever hear of this band....?

dreaming neon darkspot

natures' retard
May 13, 2002
in times of grace
Trouble?Early 80's metal band,kind of like a mixture of Black Sabbath and Nevermore,imo.I've only heard 3 of their songs-"At the End of my Daze","Memory's Garden" and "Opium Eater"...the vocals are sort of Robert Plant-like,but the song titles are kind of Nevermore-like...but,if you read the lyrics to certian songs,they are quite Bible-thumper-ish...:err:But they sound damn good regardless.

I LOVE Trouble , they are one of my fav groups, i adore Eric Wagner's voice, the guy is SO unique .
you MUST buy "Run To The Light" and "Psalm 9" .
they are reunited now .. God plz make them play here ....

p.s. warrel dane is a big Trouble fan also ..

Originally posted by [KOTNO]Narrot
Opium Eater -> the lotus eater?
Yeah,that and "Memory's Garden"(the title,anyway)reminds me of "In Memory".
I'd probobly get anything of Trouble's if it was a remaster.Same w/bands like Celtic Frost,Kreator and Pentegram.I was listening to "At the End of My Daze" the other day and I thought that the riff sounded really familiar,but I was trying to remember what it sounds like...Sabbath,probobly.I also have to get some Ministry. What cd is "Jesus Built my Hot Rod" on?I love that song.

DSM,logically,Trouble can't be a Nevermore ripoff.There are too many things that just don't make that theory work.Trouble came out in the early 80's,like 84-ish,if not earlier.And Trouble are... uhh...a bit on the Bible thumper side w/some of their lyrics,so...

Trouble is from Chicago. Saw them a few times over the years, and watched them get chased from the stage opening for...yep, you guessed it...Slayer!

Always liked 'em...no Sabbath, but fine doomy metal.

the dude who owns the sandwich shop i used to go to all the time siad his cousin plays some insturment in Trouble. this is the first time ive seen their name mentioned haha.
-neal

LSDheads were sometimes referred to as "lotus eaters", there's also a book called "The Lotus eaters" too, in reference to the lsd thing.

Opium isn't lsd, but still, similar idea... except if you injected lsd it'd probably burn a freaking hole through your arm.