Anyone feel guilty about flying to Atlanta?

I find this pretty funny...especially since one of the democratic news stations (i.e. CBS) was the one that put out fake documents about our president just so they could get their "story"...so, how are you supposed to believe anything you read/hear now that you know the media LIES?? And who ever said that I watch Fox News for information in the first place? I agree that we need to address this issue, but keep in mind that the last time that we had record breaking tempertures in our area (i.e. the southeast) was back in the '30s. Just because we have one hot summer doesn't mean the world is coming to an end. The earth goes through natural changes that humans have no control over. Do you think that the Ice Age was caused by global warming as well? That happened hundreds of thousands of years ago. I do agree that we should take care of our planet, but let's not forget that Mother Nature has her own idea of how this planet will evolve. I'm not really taking sides, but sometimes I think that democrats pull stuff out of their asses just so they can try an attempt to have one up on the republicans. That's all I'm saying...

Fox News is the only station I watch and it's beyond me how anyone says that they lie, lean right, etc. :lol: It's actually quite funny considering how they have both conservative and liberal people working for them.

Jesse Jackson said it himself the other night that no other tv news media covered the story abouth the Little Rock 9. What Mr. Jackson apparently didn't know is that Shepherd Smith covered it during his 7 pm to 8 pm Fox News show.

The bottom line is, if you're doing something right, then there will always be nay sayers on the sidelines crying :cry:.

~Brian~

We are making the 732 mile trip in a Prius (3 people). When I drive we typically get 48-50 MPG! Much better than my 17 MPG SUV that I brought down last year (4 people)! Either way, at least we have carpooled the past two years.

As far as the whole global warming thing, it really doesn't matter to me if the scientific commnuity has agreed on its reality or not. What I do know, is that spitting chemicals into the air is NOT natural and therefore not a good thing. While it may not be the lion's share of emissions, it is still something that we can control. I try to do my part at protecting our natural resources.

I couldn't care less about my carbon footprint. I'll be burning around 18 gallons an hour for about 5 hours each way to Atlanta. It's gonna be great!

Look on the bright side... that's still less fuel than an M1 Abrams tank, which gets 1/6 of a mile per gallon of jet fuel. So you're ahead of the game! :heh:

I love going in the gym with my MP3 player, putting my headphones on, and rocking out to Morgana Lefay on the elliptical while FOX news is on the TV.

This is, without question, the single most *METAL* thing that has ever been posted on the internet! :headbang::headbang:

by the limited intellegience here. I always defend our music as thinking mans metal. For those Republicans out there. Just keep telling yourself everything is fine. Democrats...not much better but at your history. Dem in office- country thrives, middle class strong....Repub in office, World gets an ass-ponding. Notr to woory though. Everything is just great. Keep saying it over and over

Take your superiority complex and jam it where you sit.
You (as usual) fail to contribute anything to the conversation.
Going to Prog Power this year? :heh:

by the limited intellegience here. I always defend our music as thinking mans metal. For those Republicans out there. Just keep telling yourself everything is fine. Democrats...not much better but at your history. Dem in office- country thrives, middle class strong....Repub in office, World gets an ass-ponding. Notr to woory though. Everything is just great. Keep saying it over and over

Patrick, I'm taking it that you're a Democrat. :lol: If that's the case, then you guys always consider yourselves so darned open minded. Yet, when someone like Metal Princess states her opinion, then it's Friday Night Smack Down.

With that said, I believe our country got the first ass pounding on September 11, 2001 my friend. I believe any Republican or Democrat worth anything would've reacted the same way as our current administration. Also, I believe the last time I checked the unemployment rates are very low in our country and the stock market has set records within the last several months. To hear you tell it, we're about to go into a recession.

Where do you get your news? Media Matters. :rolleyes:

~Brian~

Bump!

Great debate! Just wanted to point out that my intention was not to stir a petty Republican versus Democrat debate but to mock the supposition that industrial carbon dioxide is changing the climate of planet Earth.

Let me supply a little food for thought...

If you believe CO2 is a real problem, you should call your congressman and ask him/her to repeal CAFE and other regulations mandating catalytic converters in your automobiles (which cost an extra 2,000 dollars per car you buy, you're forced to pay for by the way). Other than oceans, decaying vegitation, volcanoes, and biological creatures with lungs, which represent 95% of global CO2 emissions, the remaining 5% is industrial gases (a 1/3 of which are from automobiles). Automobiles used to emit carbon monoxide which caused all that smog in the '70s (particularly in valleyd areas like Los Angeles). To control smog, catalytic converters were mandated to be placed in automobiles. If you want to reduce CO2 emissions by 1/3, everyone should remove the catalytic converter from his/her vehicle immediately.

I didn't get this information from Fox News or any other news source. It comes from my own independent thought and my understanding of federal regulations and basic chemistry.

If you examine the bandwith of ultraviolet radiation absorbption http://brneurosci.org/co2.html, you'll notice H20 (water vapor) dominates the spectrum. CO2 (0.038% of the Earth's atmosphere) has a marginal impact of a few microns... roughly the same amount oxygen and ozone (20% of the earth's atmosphere) have. Judge for yourself.

Martin Luther exposed corruption in the Roman Catholic Church by criticizing the practice of indulgences. The idea was that religion, and even Catholocism were noble religions, just corrupted by faulty ideology.

www.carbonfootprint.com shows how history has repeated itself. Once again, a high and mighty moral authority is absolving people of their sins in exchange for currency.

Environmentalism is a worthy cause to fight for. But "Global warming" or "climate change" (as it is now called) is a faux environmental cause. As a good pal, Joe-X, once posted, it is "The Reefer Madness" of our times.

Peace Love and all the Whorebot Magic,
The Michael (Sponsored by Big Oil) :saint:

Cranky, yes! Bitter? Nah, not really, just tired of EVERYTHING being the current administration's fault, and how much better some people think we'd be doing if a dem was in office. Without creating a bunch of tangents here, lets just say I'm disgusted with the utter pussification of this (once) great country...
:mad:

Damn you for bumping this thread! :heh:

Look on the bright side... that's still less fuel than an M1 Abrams tank, which gets 1/6 of a mile per gallon of jet fuel. So you're ahead of the game! :heh:

The M1A1 Abrams's engine is what in military circles is called a Multi Fuel combat vechile, the engine is a 1500hp gas turbine engine that will burn any number of fuels from diesel, kerosene to the afore mentioned jet fuel(either JP-4 or JP-8) JP-8 is used in Iraq more oven due to the logistical nightmare of getting the more highly refined disel. But you are right on the mileage an M-1A1 gets the worst mileageof any military vehicle(unless it is using Kerosene) other than the space shuttle.
But again you have liberals talking glodal warming, and conservatives saying it ain't so, and then most scientist can't agree on the cause and effect, but Al Gore knows what causes it and how to fix it, just like he invented the internet. While i don't prescribe to either the Democrats or Republican parties, I am first an foremost an AMERICAN and will defend your right to be whatever you choose and what ever you beliefs are, even if different from mind.
Just my ramblings, forgive me.

Bump!
Automobiles used to emit carbon monoxide which caused all that smog in the '70s (particularly in valleyd areas like Los Angeles). To control smog, catalytic converters were mandated to be placed in automobiles. If you want to reduce CO2 emissions by 1/3, everyone should remove the catalytic converter from his/her vehicle immediately.

Removing your catalytic converter is illegal. And if I did remove it, I wouldn't be allowed to get my tag renewed on my vehicle, because everyone here has to pass an emission test before they are cleared to get a tag.

I like this thread quite a bit. For the longest time (up until the past few months) I just avoided the whole "global warming" issue for the simple fact that I felt like I was getting skewed information no matter where I looked and the people who were feeding me stuff about how the we're ruining the globe were FAR too similar in their approach to the people that have screamed at me to go to church to save my eternal soul. I think it's a noble effort to try to shift our society towards a more eco-friendly mindset, but I don't know that I'm completely convinced that it's A)as necessary as some people make it out to be, B)that we've had enough of an impact to be significantly responsible for whatever climate change there is, or C) that it's even likely that we'll be able to make a significant change to prevent what the Global Warming enthusiasts say is happening

For what it's worth, I do try to make a semi-conscious effort to be a little more eco-friendly...but I admit that it's largely due to making my life as a college student a bit cheaper:lol:. I don't drive a car (at the moment), my power bill is never more than about 15 bucks per month, and I do recycle when possible.

To control smog, catalytic converters were mandated to be placed in automobiles. If you want to reduce CO2 emissions by 1/3, everyone should remove the catalytic converter from his/her vehicle immediately.

sure... and instead, our cars can emit carbon monoxide (literally, POISON) into the air. That's so metal.