Anyone from Gothenburg?

flyingvman191

demon sweeny todd
May 16, 2008
somewhere
Hi all, Im english and this summer im going to gothenburg with my family, I was wondering if anyone can tell me about some good heavy metal stores that sell t-shirts and CDs, the sort of bands im looking for are things like wintersun and ensiferum, that kind of thing. Thanks guys!:kickass::headbang:

Well, there's a place called "Rockhouse" located pretty central in Gothenburg.
They sell lots of band t-shirts, also got a nice amount of cd's etc. :)
If you're interested in a good recordstore, i would recommend "Bengans" at 'Stigbergs torget' in 'Majorna'. (a part of gothenburg)
They don't sell much t-shirts there, but they have a very nice amount of cd's, dvd's etc.

Dunno if that was any help to you, but maybe. =)

Gothenburg? why in gods name would anyone want to spend their vacation in the city of "FESKEKYRKAN"?
go to the deep pine woods of Pajala and enjoy some real Opeth nature :kickass:

I'm from Stockholm, so I have to flame Gothenburg, it's a part of the Swedish tradition. I dislike Malmö more though.

^what do you mean? about the Opeth nature? I certainly don't hope so, as I have never seen even the slightest connection between Opeth and sunny paradises :D

when you get there, you don't have to ask people for their name or something, cause there you call everyone "Glenn". It's like "mate" or "you". everyone says it in Gothenburg.

I'm from Stockholm, but I've been to Gothenburg alot (although the northernmost parts is my neighborhood), goin to Pajala tomorrow.
you also have to take a ride in Flumride :p
Gothenburg is also the world centrum for useless word-jokes.

There are neo-nazi factions a bit here and there, but on the whole I think we're pretty all-right.

Sweden does have a large proportion of immigrants and due to crappy planning this has led to segregation in certain areas (like the ones Fox News reported on). But aside from the discontent around these areas I'd say we're pretty average. The rural areas are pretty bigoted too, though. Not that different from the US I'd think. If you see someone driving a crappy Ford (or volvo) with a confederate flag, you might wanna stear clear if you're melanin-priviliged :p

Which now that I think about it means that there's deifnitely a lot of racism :S But I wouldn't say that we're "racist as hell". I think we're just about as racist as the rest of this pretty crappy world :p

Hell no, just some stupid minorities. I'm Swedish and i hang out with a lot of foreign people, Chilenos for instance ;) Their music taste is horrible though, they only listen to that reggaeton crap.

i see, in all my life i just knowed 1 person from sweden(w/o counting Opeth live), and was a married woman whit a chilean guy, they lived in Estocolmo, (they broke the relationship sadly ),she was VERY beautifull btw, she looks like a barbie doll :lol:.