Anyone going to G3 this wednesday?

Satch rules !!! And I saw Vai once at a Jimi Hendrix tribute. Boy, did he suck !!!!! I left before it was over otherwise I would have gone sick.....
I'll take Petrucci any day before Vai.......

I do have a G3 dvd of Satch, Johnson and Vai though.........

G3 is always Satch and two other guys. Would like to see Marty Friedman in this line-up though...Make it G4 for all I care...........

Petrucci over VAI?!?!?!?

Different strokes for differnt folks I guess...Vai is always the standout for me at G3's... I saw the one with Malmsteem live and I have all the footage...Vai is the guy to see unless all you wanna see is "shred shred shred... bend// shred shred shred...bend...shred bend shred beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeend"

Absolutely Petrucci over Vai. Sure, Vai is a virtuoso on the guitar, but he mainly freaks, he does not play (live at least, I do have some cd's).....

I watched him and all I could think was "ok, when are you starting to play? We all know you're fantastic with a guitar......"

fair enough... I do agree that Vai is the biggest freak ever... hahah... but thats what I like about him...

his weird phrasing is what I get off on...if you watch the newest G3 DVD... Satch and Petrucci repeat SO many licks...Its like they are going through the motions of generic guitar virtuosity... I love them don't get me wrong. But Vai seemed like the only guy that was trying to play something FRESH every time it was his turn to step up and say something...He seemed like the only one pushing any boundaries... trying to hit something he (or anyone else) hasn't done before...

I find that non-guitarists usually tend to prefer Petrucci and Satch over Vai. Which I totally understand... They are much more accesible and they just know how to sound "good"...As a guitarist though... as much as I love them... Satch and Petrucci havent shown me anything new in years...Satch truly is a snorefest on the new G3 dvd...and Petrucci's melodic parts make me queezy... you dont always have to hit the perfect note...its good to hit weird notes with weird phrasing...jump around on the guitar a little you know? There are only so many times I can hear a linear buildup with a huge bend... but the thing is.. for someone who doesnt hear that all the times... it will be the greatest thing in the world... and Vai "freakouts" will be impossible to comprehend...

Stim and Whack pretty much said the same shit two different ways: Petrucci and Satch sound good, whereas Vai might be more impressive to a musician (not to imply that Petrucci and Satriani aren't awesome, 'cause they are). Petrucci's my favorite out of the bunch. DT is my crack.

saw g3 and my conclusion is...petrucci fucking sucks...hes fast and all but he has noooo feeling whatsoever he stares strait ahead like hes reading lyrics or somthing, and his playing is so dull and transparent..all it is, is tremolo picking for everything and some fast runs with a lame bend at the end...satch was same old satch, typical but still entertaining, i missed gilberts set, but during g3 jam...paul gilbert owned it...he definatly is the most creative out of the 3, and his riffs and solos were hands down the best...he even too out the drill....overall good show, but not worth $80

yea 80 is crazy for a G3... I love Satch.. but he just isnt worth 80 bucks...

I wonder wtf happened to Petrucci... its so obvious that he has the abilities to play things other than those emotionless lightspeed lines... I guess he must enjoy playing that way... I personally am sick and tired of it as well...