Anyone going to Hellfest this weekend?

AdamWathan

Apr 12, 2002
Cambridge, Ontario, Canada
Visit site
Anyone here in France or near France making the trip? I'm flying from Canada on Wednesday night, I went in 2008 and it was the best time of my life so I'm looking forward to having a fucking blast. Line-up is insane so it should be retarded, going to consume an absurd amount of beer and be a dirty disgusting slob for 4 days :kickass:

Will be there but only on sunday. I'm still wondering how to check out as many bands out as possible. Sabaton, Ensiferum, Behemoth, Slayer, Saxon, Nile and Primal Fear on one day is just way too crazy!:hotjump:

What bands will you be checking Adam?

Adam, I'm going to hellfest too. I have been there every year excepted last year, and I regretted it. It's not a big festival, cause france is not the most metallian country, but this festival is so eclectic and fun that it's a little wonder.

This year is my all-stars year. Hypocrisy, Devin Townsend, Between the Buried and me, and Nevermore. My 4 fav bands, that I have never seen live. Yeahhh !

Are you going with many friends ?

I went in 2008 and it was the best time of my life so I'm looking forward to having a fucking blast. Line-up is insane so it should be retarded

:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

that was the year i wanted to go... At the Gates were the main reason, then the rest of the lineup made me cry real tears...

it was like a month or two before my son was born so I couldn't go but for good reason...

Oh yeah, 2008 was wonderful. Just for At The Gates. One of my most shivering concert ever. Just because when i heard every song for the first time, I knew it would also be the last one...

Yeah whole reason I went was for At The Gates! Ended up seeing about a zillion other awesome bands and having the best time ever. I think Thursday night getting loaded and watching Pastor of Muppets was enough fun to make the whole trip worth it.

I'm just going with one friend, flying first class direct from Toronto to Paris tomorrow night thanks to a ridiculous amount of air miles I've accumulated hahaha...

Here's the itinerary I put together for myself as far as bands I want to check out for one reason or another...

Friday
10:30am-11:00am: The Faceless (Terrorizer)/Gorod (Main 2)
1:35pm-2:15pm: Necrophagist (Rock Hard)
4:45pm-6:00pm: Deftones (Main 1)
5:10pm-5:50pm/6:00pm: BTBAM (Terrorizer)/Ihsahn (Rock Hard)
6:05pm-6:55pm: Hypocrisy (Main 2)
8:05pm-9:05pm: Sick Of It All (Main 2)
9:10pm - 10:25pm: Sepultura (Main 1)
10:30pm-11:30pm: Arch Enemy (Main 2)
11:35pm-12:50am: Fear Factory (Main 1)

Saturday
10:30am-11:00am: Dew Scented (Main 2)
11:05am-11:35am: Kalisia (Rock Hard)
12:15pm-12:55pm: Obscura (Rock Hard)
12:10pm-12:40pm: Architects (Terrorizer)
3:00pm-3:40pm: Sworn Enemy (Terrorizer)
5:00pm-5:50pm: Sadist (Rock Hard)
5:55pm-6:45pm: Nevermore (Main 2)
6:30pm-7:10pm: Unearth (Terrorizer)
7:40pm-8:25pm: As I Lay Dying (Terrorizer)
8:50pm-10:00pm: Twisted Sister (Main 1)
10:05pm-11:20pm: Immortal (Main 2)
11:35pm-12:50am: Alice Cooper (Main 1)
1:00am-2:00am: Carcass (Main 2)

Sunday

1:45pm-2:25pm: Decapitated (Rock Hard)
3:15pm-4:00pm: Dying Fetus (Rock Hard)
5:55pm-6:45pm: The Devin Townsend Project (Main 2)
6:50pm-7:50pm: Suffocation (Rock Hard)
7:55pm-8:45pm: Exodus (Main 2)
8:50pm-9:50pm: Nile (Rock Hard)
9:55pm-10:55pm: Slayer (Main 2)
11:00pm-11:30pm: Kiss (Main 1)
11:30pm-12:30am: Bloodbath (Rock Hard)
12:30am-1:00am: Kiss (Main 1)

Oh yeah, 2008 was wonderful. Just for At The Gates. One of my most shivering concert ever. Just because when i heard every song for the first time, I knew it would also be the last one...

Heh, I saw them 2 weeks later again in Toronto, show was even better than at Hellfest performance wise, but nothing will ever top seeing them for the first time at the festival man. I could've cried, most amazing thing I've ever experienced.

OMG this was the best festival ever ! I couldn't find you Adam, though I have seen one or two canadian flags during a few shows but too big to have the courage to go through the mass find if it were you !

Alice Cooper / Kiss / Devin Townsend / Hypocrisy in the same festival just fucking made it the best experience ever !

Got back home at about 11pm yesterday after the 600+ mile drive. Fucking awesome festival, just about every band I saw tore it up. After Friday/Sunday I was sore as hell as there was hardly any time to take a break, just way too much to see.

I hope they release some of the camera footage as a DVD/Download.

Behemoth were really good, I hadn't really heard any of their stuff before. I was surprised at how engaging a frontman Nergal is for this style of music.

Devin made me fucking laugh. I don't really care much for his latest material but the guy's just a clown on stage.

"My penis is engorged with SO much blood and is headed straight for your collective rectums!"
"Everybody! Group Hugs! How metal is that!"

Necrophagist and Between The Buried And Me are just insane musicians, Dillinger Escape Plan are just insane full stop, and Decapitated really pulled it off.

Sound was a bit sketchy at times but generally quite good, especially in the Terrorizer tent. My only gripe was the tendancy to hard-pan guitars through the PA. When I saw Decapitated I thought the guitar kept cutting out until I realised he was using a stereo switching setup and I just wasn't close enough to the other speaker array to hear it properly.

Yep devin townsend was my favourite show ever, and hypocrisy too. It was so intense !

I didn't like behemoth concert. I had seen them before, and I prefered the previous gigs I have seen. They were more powerful !

I have sacrificed Between the Buried and Me to be able to be in the front row of Hypocrisy. I swear I'll see them next time I can, it's one of my favourite bands ever !