Anyone going to Prog Power this year?

so, who has been lucky enough to go? how about a short review or some photos? would be nice for the peeps who couldn't make it ... :worship:

I spent most of the weekend pimping CD's at the vendor booth, so I didn't get to see as many shows as I would have liked. (Conception and Pink Cream 69 seriously rocked though!) The other Enchanted ones (Keith, Burke, Kev, Mare) spent much more time watching bands and could give you some pretty solid reviews.
If you'd like to read about the weekend from MY perspective, check out my update this week and my personal scrapbook (If any of you have more cool pics from the DC Cooper set, send them here! Thanks Mare for the great stage shots, and thanks Keith for the cool backstage ones!)

Here's a fun little pic from Burke's room. Great shirt Keith!

IMG_1368.JPG

Eric

purplica said:
so, who has been lucky enough to go? how about a short review or some photos? would be nice for the peeps who couldn't make it ... :worship:

Eric!!!!!

What’s up bro?? I had loads of fun hanging with you again man – it was great to see your personal driver again… I mean KEITH…….:tickled:

Yeah I have ONE big pic of you on stage with DC – I’ll get it over to ya! :headbang:

And a few pics to pst here myself with a few short band performance reviews…. I’ll try and get ‘em up in the next day or two! I had SUCH a good time this year I couldn’t get over it. Best PP weekend ever so far….:worship:

ED!! I’ll talk to ya later this week – we missed ya bro!

Dave

Thanks Burke, send it over and I'll post it ASAP. Also I posted a few pics of you, hope you saw them.

Yeah Ed our booth was gonna carry a lot more Enchant product than it brought, but left it behind when they found out you weren't coming. Next year we HAVE to plan early and reserve an entire floor of Burke's hotel! It put ours to shame!
Burke said:
Eric!!!!!

What’s up bro?? I had loads of fun hanging with you again man – it was great to see your personal driver again… I mean KEITH…….:tickled:

Yeah I have ONE big pic of you on stage with DC – I’ll get it over to ya! :headbang:

And a few pics to pst here myself with a few short band performance reviews…. I’ll try and get ‘em up in the next day or two! I had SUCH a good time this year I couldn’t get over it. Best PP weekend ever so far….:worship:

ED!! I’ll talk to ya later this week – we missed ya bro!

Dave

I don't usually reply to my own posts, but Ed if you (or anyone else) want to see what you really missed out on (the good the bad AND the ugly) then check this out!

chynablue said:
Yeah Ed our booth was gonna carry a lot more Enchant product than it brought, but left it behind when they found out you weren't coming. Next year we HAVE to plan early and reserve an entire floor of Burke's hotel! It put ours to shame!

No comment on that one bro. AND..... anyone else sounds better.

Hey you mugs are crazy, It looks like you guys had a blast. Its great to see Dave and Keith in Metal Mode, you guys just rock, what can I say.

Eric your the man, but your killing me. Good one.

OK where is the review Patricia asked for now that we have seen the good??? the bad and the ugly :) We will expect a full on review from each of you right?????

What band owned it? who kicked arse and who didn,t? its hard to tell from the PP forum because the people there are pretty much into the power side and thats it?

Seriously I missed you all and appreciate you checking in, you simply rule.

He is also the man that needs to see all your posts on the PP forum requesting Enchant be there next year.

Now is a really good because thats usually the hot topic right after a big festival like that. I only saw one person ( Thanks Dave ) so far..................... I am sure there will be more :)

hey eric, thanks for sharing the progpower stuff. :)

anyone else have any reviews etc.?

ps: have added my wishlist to the pp forum ...

Yeah I need to sit down and do my review - I tried posting my preparty and day one review last week - spent 45 minutes of my lunch hour writing it.... then the forum had some weird error and post went BYE BYE...... :zombie: :yell: :bah:

Needless to say I was very ticked....

I will get it up on here though - I had SUCH a blast this year!!!

Burke said:
Yeah I need to sit down and do my review - I tried posting my preparty and day one review last week - spent 45 minutes of my lunch hour writing it.... then the forum had some weird error and post went BYE BYE...... :zombie:

Cool bro - although you might try writing it all down in Word and cut/pasting it into the forum. You can spell check it that way too. :headbang:

Looking forward to all the great things you're gonna say about me! lol although I'd settle for the pics you took of the Pre Party. :loco:

Hey y'all, sounds like you had a helluva time! Thanks for sharing the fun with us. Hope I can make it there some year.... Didn't Stratovarius play ProgPower this year? If so, any opinions...worth seeing live? They're coming to a club in SF on Saturday, wondering if it's worth the moola...Kristin...via, draggin from lacka live music

Kristin

I had my ticket this year and just could not swing it. I had planned on flying down with Eric and making an apearance at the CD Inzane booth but I had some stuff come up.

It looks like THE premier festival for this genre to me. That venue the Earthlink center looks killer, Eric, Dave,Mare and a whole lot of other Enchanted people and friends of ours went this year and will give us the full scoop when thay get a minute, I heard good things about it. The crowd rock hard at this one.

The promoter Glenn does a hell of a job with it and goes above and beyond to make it kick ass.

Stratavarious headlined and I believe they are at the Pound in SF this Sat night the 8th with another band from this furum called Into Eternity, Heavy stuff :devil: I might check it out, hey if your jonesing for good live shows Coheed and Cambria are here next Fri the 14th and of course Porcupine Tree is in SF the following friday. We were very close to openeing that one by the way.

ALSO, our friend Rick P from Odins Court opened the door with a post on the PP forum and NOW IS THE TIME for people to jump in that thread if they want to put a good word for Enchant. :D

Thanks Rick that was very cool.

Viadragon said:
Hey y'all, sounds like you had a helluva time! Thanks for sharing the fun with us. Hope I can make it there some year.... Didn't Stratovarius play ProgPower this year? If so, any opinions...worth seeing live? They're coming to a club in SF on Saturday, wondering if it's worth the moola...Kristin...via, draggin from lacka live music

ebass said:
I had my ticket this year and just could not swing it. I had planned on flying down with Eric and making an apearance at the CD Inzane booth but I had some stuff come up.
ALSO, our friend Rick P from Odins Court opened the door with a post on the PP forum and NOW IS THE TIME for people to jump in that thread if they want to put a good word for Enchant. :D

Yeah Ed choked this year, but next year is for sure! I can describe what an awesome prog lovefest this even is, you really have to get down there - especially if Enchant makes the roster for next year! We've got a pretty good thread going over at the PPUSA board so let's rock the vote for the guys in ENCHANT!!! :devil:

OK I can see your gonna give me grief til we make this happen right bro. Don,t worry I will be there next year either way. I say they need Vox Tempus as well to make this a real wild one in 2006. Man I can only imagine that backstage group of characters :zombie:

And the pre Party has the makings of "one to remember with that lot" :devil:

Hey we need one of these out here on the West Coast as well dammit.

Imagine that one ! :headbang:

Again thats so much to all of you for the support for PP2006. We really appreciate that would be thrilled if it ever happened.

chynablue said:
Yeah Ed choked this year, but next year is for sure! I can describe what an awesome prog lovefest this even is, you really have to get down there - especially if Enchant makes the roster for next year! We've got a pretty good thread going over at the PPUSA board so let's rock the vote for the guys in ENCHANT!!! :devil:

ebass said:
Kristin

It looks like THE premier festival for this genre to me. That venue the Earthlink center looks killer, Eric, Dave,Mare and a whole lot of other Enchanted people and friends of ours went this year and will give us the full scoop when thay get a minute, I heard good things about it. The crowd rock hard at this one.

The promoter Glenn does a hell of a job with it and goes above and beyond to make it kick ass.

Stratavarious headlined and I believe they are at the Pound in SF this Sat night the 8th with another band from this furum called Into Eternity, Heavy stuff :devil: I might check it out, hey if your jonesing for good live shows Coheed and Cambria are here next Fri the 14th and of course Porcupine Tree is in SF the following friday. We were very close to openeing that one by the way.

Let me try this again since UM went down as I tried posting this response last night :( Thank God I copied it into a buffer before doing so!

Yeah, that made two of us :(

And there is NO doubt that this is, indeed, the premier festival for our genre! Great music, great people, and great city! Its not just about the music either. The venue is awesome -- the stage kicks ass! I working to find out what its like in the next couple of years. I think the stage is larger than the one you played on for the DVD. Unfortunately, Mare didn't walk across the street, pluck me out of work, and force me to come to the DVD shooting :cry: Since I've never seen that stage I'm sure Mare or Eric or someone else that was at both events could say. All I know is that it is ONE HELL of a lot bigger than the stage at Jaxx!

Yes, he does. He keeps it real too.

Into Eternity has some really cool material. Definitely some heavy stuff there! When they sing, they really kick ass and there isn't so much death vox that it is unlistenable. It does take some getting used to, but they are also some sick musicians. You seem to have pretty diverse taste in music Ed, you probably will like a good bit of it.

Nothing like last minute, eh? Enchant might be a local opener at a national show :lol: That sounds so weird! I know a lot of people who love PT (3/5 of Odin's Court), but I have never really gotten into them. If you do play they must reverse the order! :headbang:

Thank you for playing great music that I want to hear at that festival! It was no problem at all. You guys belong there and definitely deserve it! So everyone PLEASE go to the PP forum and keep it up! I was blown away at how fast that thread took off. There is no doubt that many people share my sentiment! And cast a vote for Odin's Court for the pre-party while you're at it! :D

You're quite welcome!

Rick Pierpont said:
Let me try this again since UM went down as I tried posting this response last night :( Thank God I copied it into a buffer before doing so!

Yeah, that made two of us :(

And there is NO doubt that this is, indeed, the premier festival for our genre! Great music, great people, and great city! Its not just about the music either. The venue is awesome -- the stage kicks ass! I working to find out what its like in the next couple of years. I think the stage is larger than the one you played on for the DVD. Unfortunately, Mare didn't walk across the street, pluck me out of work, and force me to come to the DVD shooting :cry: Since I've never seen that stage I'm sure Mare or Eric or someone else that was at both events could say. All I know is that it is ONE HELL of a lot bigger than the stage at Jaxx!

Yes, he does. He keeps it real too.

Into Eternity has some really cool material. Definitely some heavy stuff there! When they sing, they really kick ass and there isn't so much death vox that it is unlistenable. It does take some getting used to, but they are also some sick musicians. You seem to have pretty diverse taste in music Ed, you probably will like a good bit of it.

Nothing like last minute, eh? Enchant might be a local opener at a national show :lol: That sounds so weird! I know a lot of people who love PT (3/5 of Odin's Court), but I have never really gotten into them. If you do play they must reverse the order! :headbang:

Thank you for playing great music that I want to hear at that festival! It was no problem at all. You guys belong there and definitely deserve it! So everyone PLEASE go to the PP forum and keep it up! I was blown away at how fast that thread took off. There is no doubt that many people share my sentiment! And cast a vote for Odin's Court for the pre-party while you're at it! :D

You're quite welcome!

Rick - you ROCK bro! :headbang:

Way to start the ball rolling on the PP forum for The Boys - you beat me by about two weeks! :loco: :D

Everyone get on over there and post - and Ed, check the 'Predict next years lineup thread' on there - you guys got some mentions in there too!!:devil: