Anyone going to Prog Power this year?

:loco: ok, i missed the enchant thread on the pp board, and added my wishlist to the "requests for VII" thread.

i'm going to zoom over there now and vote for ya! :D

Burke said:
Rick - you ROCK bro! :headbang:

Way to start the ball rolling on the PP forum for The Boys - you beat me by about two weeks! :loco: :D

Everyone get on over there and post - and Ed, check the 'Predict next years lineup thread' on there - you guys got some mentions in there too!!:devil:
Thanks Burke! Well, we gotta do what we can to support great music in this country. It sure isn't going to happen on its own! And thank you for posting that link to Ted singing the National Anthem! AWESOME job by Mr. Leonard! :worship:

@OdinsCourt - That's right Matt!!! And don't you forget it! :devil:

YOU ALL ROCK!

:headbang: from US :cool:

Rick Pierpont said:
Thanks Burke! Well, we gotta do what we can to support great music in this country. It sure isn't going to happen on its own! And thank you for posting that link to Ted singing the National Anthem! AWESOME job by Mr. Leonard! :worship:

Rick Pierpont said:

Rick!!
Alright dude - we GOTTA hook up at PP next year man! :headbang:

ebass said:
YOU ALL ROCK!

:headbang: from US :cool:

Ed-man!!

That thread is blowing UP over there bro!! :Smokin:

A great amount of posts and a LOT of looks... and all positives for you guys playing - make sure Doug sees that!!!

WOW

75 replies and 827 views on the PP forum. One of the most active viewed forums on UM, THATS BIG :) not one negative comment! I guess people want to see Enchant in Hotlanta!

Rick thanks again for getting that going and thanks to everyone who has joined in and supported this! WOW I am really blown away.

We so appreciate all the support and positive comments about the band.

ebass said:
WOW

75 replies and 827 views on the PP forum. One of the most active viewed forums on UM, THATS BIG :) not one negative comment! I guess people want to see Enchant in Hotlanta!

Rick thanks again for getting that going and thanks to everyone who has joined in and supported this! WOW I am really blown away.

We so appreciate all the support and positive comments about the band.

Now it's up to 855 views! There's definitely a buzz going on with demand for Enchant! I've been helping to keep it going, but the few of us, who post alot in there, can't do it alone. If we chime in there too much, Glenn will think that we're just trying to keep it active (which we are LOL). Then he might not reguard the activity as much. If some others who haven't posted yet would please post in support of Enchant, or those who have posted only once, could post more thoughts on Enchant in there again, we'll keep that thread near the top of the page until Glenn makes his descision! And that WILL DEFINITELY HELP his desicion making process! Here's the link:

http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=211452

Thanks,

Kevin

Well your awesome Kev as are the others from here, true and loyal and just the best.

What I was surpised by was all the other PP forum folks that have also jumped in there and want to see us in Altanta as well. That is really great given the fact this is somewhat of a prog power metal concert. However I have seen Enchant in the metal section of many record stores. We had a running joke at Nearfest 2002 about us, Enchant being brought in to provide some "Punch"

I just think it is really cool of eveyone to show such support, many thanks :headbang:

Ed

Unca Kev said:
Now it's up to 855 views! There's definitely a buzz going on with demand for Enchant! I've been helping to keep it going, but the few of us, who post alot in there, can't do it alone. If we chime in there too much, Glenn will think that we're just trying to keep it active (which we are LOL). Then he might not reguard the activity as much. If some others who haven't posted yet would please post in support of Enchant, or those who have posted only once, could post more thoughts on Enchant in there again, we'll keep that thread near the top of the page until Glenn makes his descision! And that WILL DEFINITELY HELP his desicion making process! Here's the link:

http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=211452

Thanks,

Kevin

Thanks Ed! I guess you guys are the prog band for every prog festival. :headbang:

ebass said:
Well your awesome Kev as are the others from here, true and loyal and just the best.

What I was surpised by was all the other PP forum folks that have also jumped in there and want to see us in Altanta as well. That is really great given the fact this is somewhat of a prog power metal concert. However I have seen Enchant in the metal section of many record stores. We had a running joke at Nearfest 2002 about us, Enchant being brought in to provide some "Punch"

I just think it is really cool of eveyone to show such support, many thanks :headbang:

Ed

Now look at where the Enchant thread is on the Prog Power forum! Near the top (as of right now), 5 pages, 101 replies, 1,176 views! I had no power for a couple of weeks (due to Wilma), so to come back and see that it's still hovering on the first page, is NICE to see! :headbang:

Thanks to you and a bunch more very cool people! We really appreciate it. I told Doug about this the other day and he was pretty exited and happy to hear about it.

I was surprised to see how many Metal lovers giving us love as well over there. I guess they just need some reassurance the set would surely be HEAVY if we ever were invited.
Gotta love it.

Now playing Redemption :The Fullness of Time :yes again!:

ebass said:
Thanks to you and a bunch more very cool people! We really appreciate it. I told Doug about this the other day and he was pretty exited and happy to hear about it.

I was surprised to see how many Metal lovers giving us love as well over there. I guess they just need some reassurance the set will be HEAVY !

Gotta love it.

Now playing Redemption :The Fullness of Time :yes again!:
Do you want one of us to post in that thread, to tell them that the set WILL BE HEAVY? The heaviness factor does seem to trouble some forum members, as to the success of your set with respect to making new Enchant fans.

Also, I've started listening to that new Redemption CD too, since last weekend. I haven't finished listening to it yet, but it does SERIOUSLY KICK ASS so far!!! :headbang:

Kev

Appreciate that but I think its a no brainer acually for most. I don,t think we would ever come in light to harder festival. Remember this is just in fun and we don,t want to come off presumtuous. I guess the big question here is how heavy is this one???

Also it seems as if this one is kind of divided beetween a lot of Prog and Power or? Metal fans, its kind of hard to call. The good thing about Enchant is we really don,t fall into any one of these catagories but maybe a little of all them? I have seen our discs in the Metal??? Prog and general Rock sections of music stores.

I was unable to go this year and check it out but I fully plan on being there next year to support this if my schedule allows it beetween touring and recording. I would really like to see a ton of friends down there and and see what will most certainly be a great show yet again. The line ups put togather are pretty amazing, the promoter Glenn has put some kick ass bands on that stage.

Unca Kev said:
Do you want one of us to post in that thread, to tell them that the set WILL BE HEAVY? The heaviness factor does seem to trouble some forum members, as to the success of your set with respect to making new Enchant fans.

Also, I've started listening to that new Redemption CD too, since last weekend. I haven't finished listening to it yet, but it does SERIOUSLY KICK ASS so far!!! :headbang:

Harvester said:
Let it be known that I do not have a single signed contract in place yet. However, I do either have verbal handshakes or "looks good, just have to make sure on things" from nine of the ten bands. I have a backup plan ready for the one band that I am still waiting on (same slot, same circumstances). I feel fairly confident that the roster is complete based upon initial discussions. If something changes, you will not even know it.

Let it be known that there are no "reunions, solo projects, or one-off studio projects this year. It's a straight ahead solid roster that consists of the following:

Of the ten bands, zero are from the United States.
Of the ten bands, seven will be making their U.S debut.
Of the ten bands, two will be returning bands.
Of the two returning performers, both will be bumped up a slot.
Of the ten bands, none will be returning from PP V or VI. I have bumped up the no repeat rule from one year to two years.

I will keep with last year's format of announcing two bands per week starting in mid-February.

cheers,

Glenn H.

Unless Glenn's plans change or if Enchant is the backup plan band, it doesn't look to good for Enchant to be asked to play PPVII. Now if these clues don't apply to the Pre-Party, then maybe there's a chance. Enchant did get some mentions (all good ones) from the forum members, on this thread, though. Well...here's to Enchant at PPVIII! :kickass:

http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=217887

That's sad. If it's a Euro-power metal fest, I'll probably pass again. Especially since neither of the returning bands will be PoS, according to the hints. No PoS, no Enchant ... probably means I stay home. :( I wanted to go.

EDIT: Even though I ripped on power metal, let me say that if Helloween (and I mean *Helloween*, not Gamma Ray or Iron Savior) is on the bill, I'm probably back on the train. If we have Helloween AND Sonata Arctica, it should be a done deal.

np: Saga - Worlds Apart

Bah, I just realized that the specifications mean there's only 1 band that has played the US before but has not played PPUSA. That means Helloween or Sonata Arctica could be in the running, but not both. :( Not looking good for me.

Oh well, it's Glenn's fest not mine, and I'm sure he will sell it out and sell it out fast with whatever he assembles.

Someday I will take out the home equity loan necessary to finance a Milwaukee progpower, with more emphasis on the prog. Enchant will headline every friday night, and Fish will headline every saturday night (so that EVERY festival ends with Sugar Mice, "I was flicking thorugh the channels on the TV, on a sunday in milwaukee in the rain...."). It will rule.