Anyone Going to the Adelaide Show?

Soilworker...your photos are great! You were so close!! I was so far back (Melb show) and it was bad..so many tall people in the crowd too (and mind you i am 5"10"!) and i could hardly see a thing :-(

My photos are not worth showing..they are miles away! I got photos with the guys and they all turned out great..but I dont have a scanner so I cant send them in..sorry :-(

I was right at the front of the line when people were being let in but I wasn't allowed to bring my video camera in, so I had to take it to my office, and when I got back the line was huge. Unfortunately this meant I missed at least one of chalice's songs, and missed the front row centre position I was hoping for. Instead I ended up being in the 2nd row of people at the far left. I was the guy wearing an in flames/colony shirt.

Chalice were awesome as usual, would have loved for them to play longer. I am a fan of Alchemist, and Chinese Whispers was great, but their sound really suffered, the bass was too overpowering causing a muddy sound and vocals were hard to make out. There also seemed to be a small fire on stage during Alchemist's set, but it didn't seem to cause too much trouble.

Opeth were great, Deliverance sounded so damned awesome live, along with Advent, The Drapery Falls, Credence and A Fair Judgement. The sound didn't seem so good on Bleak and at the start of Godheads though, for instance I couldn't hear Mikael's guitar at all for some parts of Bleak.

During the Opeth set while Shiralee was crouched down taking photos my sis crawled up to her and managed to get a hug, and afterwards she ran up to Peter and got a kiss from him, which really made her evening :Spin:.

Overall the gig was bloody awesome, with best songs for me being Deliverance, Advent and A Fair Judgement. Unfortunately there were some sound problems, perhaps the acoustics/equipment of Adelaide Unibar. In my opinion Le Rox would have been a better venue. The dickhead of the evening award went to the fat guy who kept shouting out strange comments about Opeth and pizza.

Greetings to FeaRog, who I talked to before the gig, and thanks to Opeth for putting on such a great show.

A brilliant night, although Alchemist were a little disappointing - setting something on fire up on stage

Don't think Opeth played Credence. From what we can remember:

Lepar Afinity
Advent
Deliverance
Godheads Lament
A Fair Judgement
Bleak
Drapery Falls
Masters Apprentice
Demon of the Fall (encore)

If anyone knows for sure, then reply.

mindkiller said:
A brilliant night, although Alchemist were a little disappointing - setting something on fire up on stage

Don't think Opeth played Credence. From what we can remember:

Lepar Afinity
Advent
Deliverance
Godheads Lament
A Fair Judgement
Bleak
Drapery Falls
Masters Apprentice
Demon of the Fall (encore)

If anyone knows for sure, then reply.

I wasn't there, but I was in Sydney last night, and it would be safe to assume that "Master's Apprentices" was not played anywhere coz they don't do it live! (your setlist seems to be in the wrong order too)

Soilworker said:
http://www.ncable.com.au/users/aschmidt/Opeth/

The photos I took sucked. These ones were the only good ones... good is a loose term here...

There better be some better photos that other people took, I want to get them all. Ah the memories.

I had a look through your pictures and managed to see my head, it was a fantastic show. I was the guy somewhere in front of you with the short spiky hair, between some dude with long hair and a chick with blue hair or something.

Ahhh!! As if you guys were there and didn't see me! I got in with a fake ID :D WHAT A FUCKING GREAT NIGHT! Me and my best mate managed to sneak in right at the front/center whilst Alchemist were playing.. I got crushed... literally. I was pulp by the time Mikael lent into the crowd and everyone reached for him.. :lol: Otherwise.. :headbang: