Anyone going to the New Year's Show @ Hogue Barmichaels? Downright is playing, too!

chewybang

Afro'ed guitar player
Sep 16, 2002
Orange, CA
www.downrightband.com
Sup ladies and fellas,
Well, if you guys are planning to go to the New Year's Eve show @ Hogue Barmichaels in Newport Beach, could you guys try to get there early? Downright just got added to the show and we would REALLY appreciate it if you guys check it out... we promise to make it worth your while...
It's a considerably cheap New Year's celebration, too! And there are plenty of hotels within crawling distance!
Hope to see ya all there!

Javier
Downright

sweet! It's gonna be an awesome show.
Here is a flyer...
flyer.htm

Hee hee... that's my boss! He dressed up like that for Halloween!
I dunno if he expected to be famous, though... Oh well!
I'm gonna try to see if I can convince him to come to the show like that!

Damn. Is the cover for the New Year's gig at Hogue's really $25? That's waaaayyy steep for that little place! What's up with that? :eek:

That's what I'M sayin'! Dave at Hogue's is trying to make a fortune out of some bands that just wanna play and have a good time! I guess it includes champagne at midnight and giveaways throughout the night... All I'm saying is that the champagne BETTER be some Dom or Crystal or some expensive crap like that...
I dunno how he expects people to show up for that much money... he wants us to draw at least 60 people! I don't think our fans are rich, man...

$25?! Holy shit! At that price, the sushi bar better be open and be included! Goddamn!

I'm glad that I don't have to pay to get in. :)

maybe the Maidens can talk to Dave (the booking guy at Hogue) and get it reduced to $10 or $15 bucks. Maybe if they say no one wants to come for that much money... After all, we're all just local bands!

what up, Armando!
It'd be cool if everyone showed up. I still have to make myself available to see you guys... everytime you guys play, I'm either playing myself or got something going on. I think you might have to call me before hand before you book your shows and get it cleared by me... hee hee.

I'll make it out, though... for sure.
I guess this New Year's show is still the cheapest price in town... everyone has shows scheduled that night but they're super expensive! Like $45 and up (way up!).

All I know is that we'll play our arses off... like if the tickets were $1000 dollars! The Maidens always play that way...

it is unfortunate that NYE parties call for severely jacked up prices. I think when the Maids played NYE at Paladino's last year, the cover was something like $20, so this is up to par with last year, given inflation. ;) I wonder if they'd reduce the price if you brought your own champagne! hahhahaha!!