Anyone got a shit starter drum kit they're willing to sample? <3

GarethSE

New Metal Member
Jul 5, 2008
Been writing some tunes, been feeling inspired, and I'm gonna start recording it soon, and I want to give it a fairly dirty, homebrewed sorta feel, and I really want some samples of your typical starter kit (badly tuned, old heads..) to blend in with some cleaner samples to add some oddities and filth into the mix.

If anyone's up for sampling said sort of kit, or has any such samples they're up for sharing it would be MUCH appreciated!

Cheers :D

I have some drum samples that certainly sound shitty. I can't remember where I got them from, but I remember them sounding like they came from a pretty shitty kit. I'll try to dig them up and post a link or something.

Haha, Slate should release a "shit starter kit" pack :D I see what you're going for though dude, and it makes sense, but don't you know anyone who has some shit drums you could stick a 57 on one at a time? ;)

sm57-2.jpg
cardboard-box-open-lg.jpg

I have some toms if you want them. The snare is actually good but I fucked up the mic'ing so its probly not what you're looking for.. same with the kick. Toms though, mic'd fairly well, 18 month old, slightly out-of-tune heads. Pearl Export kit. Sounds like shit :)

I have some toms if you want them. The snare is actually good but I fucked up the mic'ing so its probly not what you're looking for.. same with the kick. Toms though, mic'd fairly well, 18 month old, slightly out-of-tune heads. Pearl Export kit. Sounds like shit :)

That would be sweet!

Less improvised trash can drum kit for homeless musicians, more shit drumkits that kids in pop punk bands use, Mike :devil:

Cneers morgoe, I'll check them out later this weekend, I'm heading off out in a bit, won't be back for a couple'o days.