FREE "Monster Kit" (Wav, Trigger, Kontakt, Drumagog) from Victory Drum Co!

musicjohnny

New Metal Member
Dec 22, 2011
Hey guys! Here's a link to a free complete sample set (kick, snare, 4 toms) with Wav and .TCI files that sounds SICK! Thought you dudes might enjoy it! http://freestuff.victorydrum.co/victory-drum-co-monster-kit/
Here's are some sound clips:

Pack includes Kick, Snare, and 4 Toms. Each has 6 hits per velocity layer. Kick has 5 velocity layers and the Snare and Toms have 7 layers each.

Here's the deal: I record/mix drums a LOT. Probably for some bands you've heard of. I like drums that sound cool and big and punchy. Maybe you do too. But here's the thing, my drum tones usually need some samples to really sound competitive with other big mixers...

And the samples that were out there were BUMMING ME OUT.

Let's be real, you can only use Kick 10 and Snare 12 for so long...
wink.gif

So I started thinking...I've been taking my own samples of literally every drumkit that comes through my studio for the past 10 years. It's like...a stupid amount of drum hits. I've got a whole hard drive full of them, and right now I want to give you some of them.

That's why I made....The Monster Kit.

Right now, there are basically two kinds of drum samples out there:

1. Drum samples that are SO PROCESSED that they completely took over the drum mix and lost the original feel of the performance. Or...

2. Samples that are so RAW that it feels like you're forced to re-mix them on every song. Who's got time for that crap? Not me. And probably not you either.

So here's the deal.

These are my Goldilocks samples. Not too processed, not too raw. They're just right.

I call this kit The Monster..because it sounds huge and I'm super creative at naming things.

They're also FREE.

So take a listen, let me know what you think. Hope you enjoy them!

Click Here To Download Victory Drum Co Monster Kit

Last edited:
i reallly like your approach and the samples sound great!
however with drum samples there is always one big problem, let's call it "dynamics"

i really wish someone would take this to the next level and create a drumkit that's
as dynamic as the current technology is allowing it to be.

this means lots of individual samples for each kit piece.

right now you either have processed saples which are always very limited in
dynamic and unprocessed samples which are very dynamic but sound like shit.

i reallly like your approach and the samples sound great!
however with drum samples there is always one big problem, let's call it "dynamics"

i really wish someone would take this to the next level and create a drumkit that's
as dynamic as the current technology is allowing it to be.

this means lots of individual samples for each kit piece.

right now you either have processed samples which are always very limited in
dynamic and unprocessed samples which are very dynamic but sound like shit.
I definitely agree that that's an issue with most drum sample libraries. What I usually do is blend the samples in with an actual acoustic performance, that way you get a lot more nuance from the live recording, while still getting the punch and impact from the samples. In the audio demos I posted, it's basically ALL sample because I wanted to highlight what the samples themselves sound like. But in a real-world situation, I'd probably be blending them a lot more. On the other hand....we are on a metal forum, so having hyper-realistic drums may not be as much of a priority for a lot of the people on here. I feel like these particular samples strike a nice balance between processed and raw sounds that should give you a lot of flexibility.

Reactions: nezvers and FIXXXER
Loving this. I think I'll really only use it for slower stuff (no blasts etc) but it sounds huge right out of the box. Here's a quick demo I just wrote for this. I kept the drums pretty loud for reference and there's no extra processing like parallel compression etc

Loving this. I think I'll really only use it for slower stuff (no blasts etc) but it sounds huge right out of the box. Here's a quick demo I just wrote for this. I kept the drums pretty loud for reference and there's no extra processing like parallel compression etc

Dude this sounds awesome!!! Thanks so much for taking the time to make that! If you’re down, could you PM me a link to that audio file so I can post it on the website? Thanks so much man!
-Johnny

Dude this sounds awesome!!! Thanks so much for taking the time to make that! If you’re down, could you PM me a link to that audio file so I can post it on the website? Thanks so much man!
-Johnny

Cheers man glad you like it. I'll PM you a link now. If you want I could clean it up a ton and make it sound much better too, I'll send you another version by the end of next week.

For anyone who hasn't heard Antonio's Demo of these drums in a mix, it's SICK! You can check it out at

I'm SO pumped to announce that thanks to the hard work of some very awesome people, these samples are now available as KONTAKT Instruments and Drumagog presets!! If you've already downloaded the Wav/Trigger pack, you just got an email with a link to download all the new stuff. Or if you haven't downloaded anything yet, just head over to the link in the first post and download the whole package!!

Another example of monster kit in my new video. The first and last profiles highlighted in this both use the monster kit samples. The first one is a riff I recreated by Gideon and it turned out so awesome with these drums

Another example of monster kit in my new video. The first and last profiles highlighted in this both use the monster kit samples. The first one is a riff I recreated by Gideon and it turned out so awesome with these drums

Dude that sounds SO GOOD!!!! Incredible demo!

Hey guys! Thought I'd share this sweet demo that a friend of mine made. Love how the drums are punching in this mix!

Any post processing in your video demo?

What version of Kontakt is needed here? I'm running 5.6.8 but t says my version of kontakt is too old to run these samples.