New FREE Kontakt Instrument From Victory Drum Co

musicjohnny

New Metal Member
Dec 22, 2011
Hey guys! Here's a link to a free complete sample set (kick, snare, 4 toms) with Wav, Trigger and Drumagog files AND a brand new Kontakt instrument that sounds SICK! Thought you dudes might enjoy it! https://www.victorydrum.co/collections/all/products/monster-kit-free
Here's are some sound clips:

Pack includes Kick, Snare, and 4 Toms. Each has 6 hits per velocity layer. Kick has 5 velocity layers and the Snare and Toms have 7 layers each.

The new Kontakt instrument features round robins, velocity randomization and a whole bunch of other awesomeness to make these drums sound killer!

Here's the deal: I record/mix drums a LOT. Probably for some bands you've heard of. I like drums that sound cool and big and punchy. Maybe you do too. But here's the thing, my drum tones usually need some samples to really sound competitive with other big mixers...

And the samples that were out there were BUMMING ME OUT.

Let's be real, you can only use Kick 10 and Snare 12 for so long...
wink.gif

So I started thinking...I've been taking my own samples of literally every drumkit that comes through my studio for the past 10 years. It's like...a stupid amount of drum hits. I've got a whole hard drive full of them, and right now I want to give you some of them.

That's why I made....The Monster Kit.

Right now, there are basically two kinds of drum samples out there:

1. Drum samples that are SO PROCESSED that they completely took over the drum mix and lost the original feel of the performance. Or...

2. Samples that are so RAW that it feels like you're forced to re-mix them on every song. Who's got time for that crap? Not me. And probably not you either.

So here's the deal.

These are my Goldilocks samples. Not too processed, not too raw. They're just right.

I call this kit The Monster..because it sounds huge and I'm super creative at naming things.

They're also FREE.

So take a listen, let me know what you think. Hope you enjoy them!

Click Here To Download Victory Drum Co Monster Kit
Kontakt_Instrument_Screenshot.png

Toms and snare are great, but to me, that kick sounds weird. Is that even a real kick?
..And I downloaded these 3 months ago...So what is new here?
There were some generic NKIs with no controls and outputs selection (just an NKI per kit piece), so this is the new version, built with Kontakt GUI Maker and supporting Kontakt version 5.7+

@musicjohnny Thanks for sharing these nice samples!:kickass: