Anyone got a Zoom guitar pedal?

Rusty

A-HAHAHA!
Sep 14, 2001
Nottingham
Anyone got a Zoom guitar pedal and can get a decent distortion sound from it? I use my brother's Zoom 505, and I just can't get a good sound, it always sounds really fuzzy. :mad: I've been trying for weeks now, it just doesn't work. Can anyone help?

Yep.. not the greatest pedal ever, really.. but anyway, here's how mine is set for a decent metal sound:
Comp: C8
Dist: de
Gain: 30
ZNR Amp: 9
EQ: 48
MOD: C2
DLY/REV: R3
Level: 27

Hope that helps...

I've got the Zoom GFX-707. And I can get excellent sounds out of it when I put some time in tweaking with it.
The only bad thing about is it that the thing is made of plastic.
My input is kinda loose, after one year of heavy use.
Can't use it on stage anymore.

Originally posted by Morningrise
How are the other effects ont hat pedal? I am thinking of getting one, and just using my regular boss distortion with it...

Are you thinking of getting a Zoom 3000? Try somethig else first!
It's really bad! :mad:

zoom pedals are a scam, they distorsions always suck. If you think any dist at all from that pedal sounds good get a digitech rp100 or 200 for about the same price and compare them.

i used to have a zoom 3030...
i liked the way it sounded, but ofcourse the sound of the amp also matters.
and as Guitarmasturbation said..
the damn thing is plastic... at the end, i had completely ruined mine.. not one single button worked.. after 2 years...

digitech rp100 or 200 for about the same price and compare them.
actualy, i tested one of those today, and i must say, i realy did not like it...
the only sound i liked about it was some accoustic thingie..

Originally posted by Guitarmasturbation
I've got the Zoom GFX-707. And I can get excellent sounds out of it when I put some time in tweaking with it.
The only bad thing about is it that the thing is made of plastic.
My input is kinda loose, after one year of heavy use.
Can't use it on stage anymore.

lol i've got the same pedal and the same problem! :p

you guys should get the digitech rp200...it is the best pedal of its class and price range. The effects are top notch, i can get a very very good metal sound out of it as well as a very good sound for almost anything else. It has an amazing acoustic simulater and easily the best noise gate in any pedal. Its fucking great i tell ya. Plus, it has all the signature digitech effects like whammy, yaya, synthtalk...etc. AND its made out of metal, sturdy as hell...very durable.

As for Zoom pedals, i hear that the GFX8 is good. I borrowed my friends GFX4 and that wasn't good at all...distortion was way to fuzzy and electronic sounding and no matter what i tried to alter, it always sounded like it had some kind of autowah on when i used the distortion. It's also really complicated to use.

I used to have a zoom 505 too and it's a real shit ! (especially the distortion (if I can call this disto :) ) !!!!)

I've change for a korg ax1000g and it rocks !!!!
great disto, great effects in general ! for a low price !