Anyone have experience with the Adam F7's?

mva801

Nov 18, 2009
Need to get a new set of full range monitors to go along with our NS-10's. We can only afford $700-$800.

So I was thinking:

A used pair of Mackie HR824's. About 600-800 on ebay.
Used pair of JBL LSR4328's. About 800 on ebay.
New Adam F7's. Can get a new pair on ebay for $640 shipped. I loved the adam A7x's and S3x's when I had a chance to work on them, but haven't heard these newer cheaper ones.

I'm sure they won't be quite as brilliant as the more expensive models, but I NEED monitors with more bass and a fuller response. I'm over doing everything on NS-10's.

Or any other suggestions?

Good to hear....

FWIW I'm used to working on Genelec 1031a's at the bigger studio I'm house engineer at. These are for my smaller mixing space that I'm sharing, and would like to get something similar in response to the Genelecs, but without a $2,000 price tag.....

I like my Yamaha 80's. Right in that price range and a good amount of low end. Plus if you like the NS10's you might also like the sound of these. Not that they sound identical to an ns10 by any means but they will have a somewhat similar character with more lows.

Well if anyone cares, we ended up grabbing the F7's. Checked them out at guitar center against the Events, Yamaha HS80's, Dynaudios, etc.

They have ample bass, though not as much as the HS80's. You should not need a sub with these. They were brighter and more clear across the midrange than the Events, although seemed less tinny and harsh than the yamahas. So far I LOVE them.

So if anyone goes searching for info on them, I can say that I'm very happy with them so far, and we got Guitar Center to price match the internet price including tax.