Anyone have Star One yet?

I have it on mp3s (since it hasn't wound up in the stores yet) and yes it does kick some serious ass though there aren't enough Swanö's vocals in it.

I sing on most of the album tracks. Although on a few songs it's like 8 lines. I think I did a good job. The album is number one i both RockHard and Aardschok...pretty nasty stuff!!!
I am happy for RJen
D

Never mind, they shipped it out to me today, so I'll be listening to it next week sometime! Should be a good one. It'll serve as a good holdover until the new Nightingale, if nothing else.

Originally posted by Demonspell
I think the people who are buying this solely for Swano would appreciate Songs Of The Ocean and Eye Of Ra the most...

Actually my faves are now Set Your Controls and Perfect Survivor. Set Your Controls is just so damn catchy and I expect to get bored with it soon though I do hope that that doesn't happen.

Great album, but not as brilliant as "into the electric circus". Dan`s performance is amazing as always. A little bit dissapointed of the album as a whole, but whatahell - I guess it will shorten the months untill the next Nighingale release.

I would not buy it just for Dan`s performance... You might be dissapointed, as he`s not to much involved. Then again, if you`re into some of Ayreon`s harder stuff - GO GET IT! I mean; songs like "The eye of Ra", "songs Of The ocean", and "Set Your Controls" is amazing stuff. Especially "Set.." It kicks ass!

Originally posted by Dan Swanö
I sing on most of the album tracks. Although on a few songs it's like 8 lines. I think I did a good job. The album is number one i both RockHard and Aardschok...pretty nasty stuff!!!
I am happy for RJen
D

WHOA! you actually post here! sweet ....just wanted to sa that everytime i listen to "Crimson" i get this undescribable rush that NO other album/song or anything ever gave me (and i have over 1200 albums) ....Great stuff man .... From EOS to Nightingale to Unicorn to you Self Titled project ....i love it all! Keep up the amazing work!!!!

Star One got _bad_ overall reviews in Scream Magazine. But almost everyone of them says something like "Even the precence of Dan Swanös majestic voice can`t save this project from beeing one of Arjen`s worst ever"

Originally posted by Bumblefoot
Dan tell him Slipknot is still metal :D apparently like 60% of people in a pool of 100 think they are not... ? ??? ? ? ???

And yeah crimson is special :)
ok relax there . even if freaking mike akerfeldt came to my door and told me that slipknot is metal i won't believe it....i'm sticking to it whether you have a problem with it or don't ....to me they're just a market, a product.... ok ? ;)

I think Space Metal is excellent, actually. While some of the songs have their awkward parts, the only shitty song, I think, is "Intergalactic Space Crusaders", the only tune in which Dan doesn't do any vocals on. And no, that isn't my biased opinion, because I think that the other vocalists are great as well, and "Set Your Controls" is one of my favorite songs on it, and Dan only has a couple lines in it near the end. Much better than I thought it was gonna be...