anyone hear about the new neurosis album?

boo berry

Jan 8, 2005
edmonton
Hope this isn't a repost, but I just saw on neurosis' myspace....

Neurosis is currently working on material for a new record which has yet to be titled, recording will begin in mid-2006. We will keep you posted.

At last report, according to Scott Kelly, the new album will be the heaviest thing since Through Silver In Blood. That's straight from the source.

Neurosis members have been seen in and around the Neurot offices and the studio. Those of us at NR have heard the sounds. It's heavy. Even for Neurosis.

source

I really dig their soft stuff, but I can't wait to see how this is going to sound

Don't tease me like that (Through Silver in Blood = my favoUrite :kickass: )

From what I've read about how loosely "ambience" in music is defined, couldn't you each think a different album is the "most ambient" without calling each other "Wrong." etc?

Sadguru said:
Wrong. Neurosis & Jarboe is.

If you're gonna go on out on a limb and include N&J, then why not include Tribes of Neurot albums, huh? Then we're getting closer to something worthwhile.

Demilich said:
From what I've read about how loosely "ambience" in music is defined, couldn't you each think a different album is the "most ambient" without calling each other "Wrong." etc?

No. Neurosis & Jarboe is plain and simple the most ambiant record involving Neurosis.

Chromatose said:
If you're gonna go on out on a limb and include N&J, then why not include Tribes of Neurot albums, huh? Then we're getting closer to something worthwhile.

Because Tribes of Neurot ARE NOT Neurosis.