anyone heard of progressive / power metal band called pagan,s mind?

crystal dawn

Aug 10, 2004
u.k.
HI everyone
i was wondering if anyone had heard of a band called pagan,s mind, as i saw one of there albums (celestial entrance was the album title (i think) ) for sale the other day and was quite tempted by it. They have been described as progressive / power metal and are nordic i think.

crystal dawn

:wave:

I love progressive metal, The best Music, I'm into symphony x, dream theater, Evergrey, Stratovarius, some opeth. But i don't like vocals which growl and scream a lot. Would I like These Guys, Pagan's Mind?

Rock On :headbang:

Pagan's Mind is quite good. The vocalist (Nils K. Rue) will remind you a bit of James Labrie and the guitarist (Jorn Viggo Lofstat) is an oldschool type soloist much like Eddie VH or Wolf Hoffmann. The drummer (Stian Kristoffersen) can really rip as well and reminds me of early Vinnie Paul (but even better.) They have good harmony vocals and have a nice niche in the prog metal market. Quality band and it is a solid release.

Bryant

P.S. Yes I forgot to mention, they are from Norway and Celestial Entrance was one of my top albums of 2003. If you are into prog, I also suggest Vanden Plas, "Beyond Daylight." They are Germany's best prog band IMO. A little more melodic/less heavy than some but still great stuff.