Anyone heard of/suggest a band called FEN?

DeepestPurple

Jul 9, 2004
I stumbled across a recent self-titled debut album by a project called Slug Comparison, and although it's unfortunately digital-only from what I can tell, the description says:

"After five albums with Canadian progressive rock band FEN, vocalist/guitarist Doug Harrison has launched a solo project called Slug Comparison."

I've never heard of FEN, but I'm REALLY enjoying Mr Harrison's vocals & lyrics on this solo project. Anyone know if FEN's CDs are any good, or available?

(Almost posted this in the requests thread, but wasn't sure if they're definitely a progressive band & thus something that'd be carried here at TLE, or if they're old news and I'm just late to the party.)

Feel free to enlighten me, anyone. Turns out a band with a three-letter-name has been kinda hard for me to google :)

You need to be careful because the are two current bands releasing albums under FEN. One is a Canadian band that is more in the style of Progressive Rock and the other is from the UK and is atmospheric Black Metal. The band you want is the Canadian band, which you mention above. I have what is considered their best album, "Trails Out of Gloom" which I think is slightly better than average. Here is a link for RateYourMusic with a review:

https://rateyourmusic.com/artist/fen

What is funny is that Progarchives lists the atmospheric black metal band but not the band that is more progressive.

Thanks for clearing up my initial confusion. Looks like I'll be starting with that album. Much appreciated!