Anyone heard the new ANATHEMA song ?

Yeah there was a thread already about it, if you dig some you may find it.
as for the song, it seams promising! anathema heading into ambience/doom..

Katabasis said:
Yeah, it's a great song, isn't it?
Really great melodies, etc.
It's called 'Are you there?' right? From their next album A Natural Disaster?

Yes, that is correct. The album will be out October 20th, or you can bid on the promo for sale on eBay :D

Hm, I don't really like this song. The melodied don't please me too much, they are nice but don't really fit my taste. Besides, I think there's too much keyboards and too little guitars in there... but it's a matter of taste I guess. I must say that the song rather disappoints me, as Alternative 4, Judgement and A Fine Day To Exit are such fantastic albums :(

[EDIT]
I listened to the song once again, maybe for the tenth time now. And the more I listen to it, the more I start appretiating it... maybe the album won't be that bad, so I would say I'm "caught in unbridled suspense" ;)

It's a decent song in my opinion, but I don't like the vocals as much as their past work. I guess it's Danny doing the vocals for this track, right? He has a soothing voice but his singing doesn't seem as developed and capable as his brother's. He reminds me of Akerfeldt, only shot with a tranquilizer and singing while floating on a cloud.

Cynical Bastard said:
It's a decent song in my opinion, but I don't like the vocals as much as their past work. I guess it's Danny doing the vocals for this track, right? He has a soothing voice but his singing doesn't seem as developed and capable as his brother's. He reminds me of Akerfeldt, only shot with a tranquilizer and singing while floating on a cloud.
Yeah, that's what came to my mind when I first heard the song... I said to myself, "That's never Vincent!" I don't like Danny's vocals too much. Vincent is so fantastic, hope he'll sing most of the song on the album. I personally would not compare Danny with Mikael though, not at all.