Anyone here from north Carolina?

fox3763

New Metal Member
Feb 15, 2011
Just moved to Winston Salem NC and wondering if anyone from this forum is from here.

Also does anyone know if any sturgis style bands exist here?

Yes!

Plenty of bands in the area! Some serious talent in NC! Check out the local venues. Ziggys (Winston), Somewhere Else Tavern(Greensboro), Amos Southend (Charlotte). I'm sure there are other guys on here that know of more venues to check out hardcore bands.

Yes!

Plenty of bands in the area! Some serious talent in NC! Check out the local venues. Ziggys (Winston), Somewhere Else Tavern(Greensboro), Amos Southend (Charlotte). I'm sure there are other guys on here that know of more venues to check out hardcore bands.

Sweet dude. Are you in Winston?

Lots of great bands here in NC. Lots of awesome venues like stated above also. I will throw in one of my favorites which is Greene St. Club in Greensboro.

-Kyle

Lots of great bands here in NC. Lots of awesome venues like stated above also. I will throw in one of my favorites which is Greene St. Club in Greensboro.

-Kyle

Thanks Kyle. Where are you from? Im trying to find some sturgis style bands here because I want to record stuff like this. I was thinking of doing a free recording to the band I find that I would like to record. I am just having trouble finding these types of bands. If you guys know of any local bands like this, send me a link to their myspace or facebook.

I am from Ridgeway VA which is about an hour from Winston. My band is from Winston though. There are tons of bands around here so I am sure you will have no problem finding any. You should hit up Jamie King since you are pretty much down the road from him. Def come out to some shows and meet a bunch of the bands and what not. We have a show in Greensboro on the 4th of September at Greene St. Club. You should come hang out.

I am from Ridgeway VA which is about an hour from Winston. My band is from Winston though. There are tons of bands around here so I am sure you will have no problem finding any. You should hit up Jamie King since you are pretty much down the road from him. Def come out to some shows and meet a bunch of the bands and what not. We have a show in Greensboro on the 4th of September at Greene St. Club. You should come hang out.

Cool, thank Kyle. I actually talked to Jamie King right went I got into town seeing if he needed any help around his studio. Really cool dude. I asked if I could come be a fly on the wall but I didnt have the funds what he was wanting to for his classes. I dont need classes, I have interned at good studios before, I just missed the studio and wanted to hang if he didnt mind but sounded like he was incredibly too busy for that.

Dude I would love to come see you guys. Who else is playing. How much are tickets. Guest list for a forum friend. haha.

Just out of curiosity, what made you go with Joey over Jamie for your last mix. To me it didnt seem like Jamie liked Joeys production style but I doubt he has heard any of his latest stuff.

I mean listen to that mix! Wouldn't you go to Joey too?hahahaha All joking aside Jamie has been a good friend of ours for the greater part of a decade or more. I usually mix all of our stuff, but I wanted to hear a different perspective and despite how much I generally don't like the bands Joey works with, I love his work. Plus Joey is a great guy and has an outrageously good ear for tones and brings phenominal ideas to the table to really push songs over the top.

But yeah I can guest you for the show if you want. Just shoot me your name or add me on facebook if you are on there.

I mean listen to that mix! Wouldn't you go to Joey too?hahahaha All joking aside Jamie has been a good friend of ours for the greater part of a decade or more. I usually mix all of our stuff, but I wanted to hear a different perspective and despite how much I generally don't like the bands Joey works with, I love his work. Plus Joey is a great guy and has an outrageously good ear for tones and brings phenominal ideas to the table to really push songs over the top.

But yeah I can guest you for the show if you want. Just shoot me your name or add me on facebook if you are on there.

cool man, just added you on facebook. Andrew Fox. Ill let you know if the 4th works for me. And yes, I know exactly why you chose joey to do that song. it is incredible!!