Out of Curiousity...

Söy

Not actually Soy
Aug 26, 2006
this question is probably a stupid one, but just in case anyone knows/remembers...

i saw nevermore with opeth last year on their tour of north america, at some tiny venue in Winston-Salem NC... and for the life of me i cant remember the opening band. i remember they were from Canada, and pretty much sucked, but i can't remember the name. So if anyone remembers it... please tell.

the reason i ask is i have friends in canada and they want to know who it was...

IMO they were completely unforgettable but that might also be that at that time i was still purely into hardcore... who knows; i havent heard em since

yeah

part of it was also because the vocalist (sorry i dont know the name) kept saying cheesy stuff between songs, and unlike Mikael Ackerfeldt, isnt funny about it.

but who knows.

Nevermore and Opeth rocked though

ill give em a second listen.

that concert was where i started the transition from hardcore to metal by the way ;)

zmetallica said:
their new album is freaking amazing. pick it up.

Shhhhhhhhh! It's not out yet.

Seriously though dude, if you can get a hold of it (which isn't hard to do nowadays unfortunetly), definitely do so! But fucking buy it when it comes out if you like it!

Stuff that was played last year is completely blown out of the water from the new album due out next month. It fucking blew me away. I've been listening to them since a little bit before Buried in Oblivion was released (in 2004, I believe) and I will say they have came a long fucking way.

I highly doubt you will be disappointed by The Scattering of Ashes.

i ALWAYS buy the stuff if i like it, plus the DVDs if applicable, and go to the shows...

i had to travel ~150 miles each way for that show lol

didnt get home until 6:30 grabbed a half hours worth of sleep, left house at 7:30 to make the commute to school for a 9 o clock class and bam...

was worth it though