Anyone here like the Red House Painters?

Raven777

Discipline In Nothing
May 7, 2001
North Hills, CA
web.tiscalinet.it
I discovered the Red House Painters through a Katatonia interview around when 'Tonight's Decision' came out... Anders said he was listening to them at the time, so naturally, I checked them out.
If you wanna check 'em out, go to Audiogalaxy and download 'Uncle Joe'.
What a beautiful band. Great songwriting. They use alot of reverb, acoustic guitars, echos, melancholy vocals...
Is anyone else on this board into them?

Red House Painters are really special. They became an influence on me musically quite a while ago. Especially check out the self-titled CDs (there are two..) as well as "Down Colorful Hill", "Ocean Beach" and "Songs for a Blue Guitar" has a number of good songs on it.

Nick Drake has a number of songs I enjoy as well..

I discovered the Red House Painters through taking a look at Jonas' playlist sometime last year so i too had to check them out. I listened to several ones but Ocean Beach was definetely the best one i thought so i bought it,it's really great. "Brockwell Park" is the one i like most.Nick Drake is a very dark person i learned through a friend. he showed me "Pink moon" and when i heard "Things behind the sun" i knew i had found a new songwriter i would enjoy a long time.If you have the opportunity, buy "Times of no Reply".Some previously unreleased songs,some new ones and what's very interesting, his last 4 songs before he died in 1974. Check out the book "the biography" by Patrick Humphries,very good as well!

Without god,tell me more about the bands you like!

you should check out Damien Jurado's "Ghost of David" or when mentioning Nick Drake,Graham Coxon's "The Sky is too high" or "Crow sit on Blood tree",even if some of now say that he is from Blur and ask me how i can and so on. I think he is a very talented Songwriter and his kind of play is just great,very disharmonical.