Red House Painters, anyone?

discouraged1

disco my arse!
May 24, 2001
Belgrade, Serbia
www.myspace.com
hi all,

is there anybody here into Red House Painters?
i have three albums from them, Down Colourful Hill, Red House Painters II and Old Ramon.

i like the debut (Down Colourful Hill) most.

if any1 here is a fan, would he/she mind telling me which one is their best in his/her opinion and why?

cheers

discouraged1 said:
hi all,

is there anybody here into Red House Painters?
i have three albums from them, Down Colourful Hill, Red House Painters II and Old Ramon.

i like the debut (Down Colourful Hill) most.

if any1 here is a fan, would he/she mind telling me which one is their best in his/her opinion and why?

cheers
Songs for a Blue guitar, love that album.

I'd vote for songs for a blue guitar as the best too, but I always skip the song "Make like paper". I really dislike the part when he starting making those squeeky noises with the guitar. My ears hurt. I wouldn't call the album very exicting, but it's just clean nice songs which will make you fall asleep pretty quick, in a good way :)

You could also check out mark kozeleks soloalbum "what's next to the moon" it has some good song, especially the title track.

At first I just liked the really depressing stuff by them but after awhile Ive liked 98% of Red House Painters stuff....Id have to say Ocean Beach for a fav. but then again my opinions change on a frequent basis so that could change tomorrow...
Glad you brought them up though.....they are definately one of my favorite bands, I actually have a "falling asleep" playlist of them but I certainly dont JUST listen to them while falling asleep...
Bravo on starting this thread!!!