Anyone into webdesign here??

Lordenlil

FROST
Apr 19, 2002
Norway
vill.no
So - any of you fellow nerds do some webdesign?

I don't do as much any more, but you can check out some
stuff here (this is not promotion, just for conversation)...

I want you to beat me
HERE

edit: just press the obvious links inside.. it's in Norwegian

Music: ULVER

That's cool... any band pages??

If anyone is into Anathema, Death or Darkthrone I got some old
sites.. ;)
I don't care noe more if I sound arrogant or something.. the sites
will soon be removed so I might as well just tell you.
The Death site was on for two years.. very popular actually...
almost sad to leave it behind :(

So what is your job exactly, Izual?
And I did lots of sites for my college too... nothing very interesting,
though..

lordenlil,
i do computer support at Dartmouth College in NH, usa. it's an ivy league school and i'm surrounded by phony people, but the pay is ok for now. i was given the task of creating and maintaining a web site for the schools massive music library since i'm into music, yay. it's just shtml files with lots of text and links. over 400 links actually which are a bitch to keep track. i haven't done any band pages yet cuz i don't really have the time and don't want to pay for space and bandwidth since i'd want to have music samples on it, etc.. which Death and Darkthrone sites did you do, i've probably seen them.

-iz

Well.. all things have a start. I've looked at your stuff, Saturnix.
It's not that bad! ;)

I've only been doing stuff for the past 2 yrs mostly on my spare
time.. instead of playing games like my friends...
I used to do support to.. I must admit I really hate it.. but I guess
it's ok once u get used to it. Owch! SHTML.. strange there were
no Perl or PHP involved in that.. I made a rather pro music
database at school.. it was actually a rather small project and
I overkilled it.. but it isn't attached to the base now so this is
just the shell!!!OVERKILL BASE

ANATHEMA (not updated for a year soon)

DARKTHRONE (just a one night play-around)

DEATH (now closed)

I'm techically an amateur but I've been web designing for about 3 years for fun. I'm very proficient in html and css and I can code in inventive ways, but my skills falter because I don't have any graphic design or flash knowledge. Or any fancy scripting languages for that matter.

I'm working on a website for my brother and sister-in-law's online business right now. I'll post a link when it's finished and when I do you better BUY SOMETHING! The more money they make, the more they pay me. Hehe!

Originally posted by Lordenlil

I used to do support to.. I must admit I really hate it.. but I guess
it's ok once u get used to it.

it's actually not bad cuz i only do support for faculty and staff, not for students, so i don't have to fuck around with their stupid problems. it's not a lot of phone support either, if something goes wrong, i just go to them, it's easier to fix things than having them try to explain something over a phone. you make some very nice pages, i don't do anything you can't learn in an hour of html.. call me lazy, but whatever works, is my view..

cheers,
-iz

Oh - well that sounds a little better than what I did... I hated
every day I had to work.. really...

Tnx ;)
I'm getting back to graphics again, so I'm starting to obsess my
mind with it again.. tomorrow I will use the time to learn new
techniques.. always fun :)

Nope. I messed around and did very basic HTML for a while and even took a beginner/intermediate class, but I never use what little skill I have. I would like to do more and learn Flash, but I'm too lazy and not motivated enough to do it.

Nice sites, Lordie. I am currently downloading the interview with Chuck and Gene and will get the Philosopher and Lack of Comprehension videos soon. I used to have or maybe still have the Philosopher video on a cd-r somewhere. :)

Tnx..
The vids rock! Me like a lot! Really love 'em. Lack of C is such
a damn brutal song... It's some of the most brutal stuff I ever
heard.... it's far more intense than anything bands like CCorpse
or Nile ever made.. really... pure fury. grrrrrrrrrrrrrr

OMG! I agree completely.

I just completely lost all of my energy because I headbanged like I've never headbanged before. I was just completely zoned out for the duration of the Lack of Comprehension video. That was soooo intense! YES! I want more! Thanks, Lordie! :D

Speaking of Death, I just won a LS Symbolic shirt from eBay. Here are the pics of it:

Front:
k6.jpg

Back:
k7.jpg

I had a web desing proj with two of my friends...we were amazing, but because of school work, etc. we couldnt give it the time it needed, and we were too fussy about the design, and then one of them left, and so it fell apart...i still have the domain name till august, but not the host (www.ragnarok.cc is the domain...anyone want it?)

im not sure...i offered it to the bad ragnarok for 2000 bucks, but they refused :D im not even sure i should sell it, prob give it for free, it expires in two months and needs renewing.