Anyone into White/Rob Zombie (the MUSIC not the movies)?

Oblivious Maximus

I am the worm
Nov 5, 2003
Serving time in the middle of nowhere
Any other fans of Zombie's music here? I loved White Zombie as a kid and still do. La Sexorsisto is one of the catchiest albums I've ever heard. I find Rob's solo carrear to be just as good. Hellbilly IMO is the best solo album he's done. Sinister Urge was ok but I felt it was lacking. Educated Horses, the new album I think is much better.

Sorry guys but i have to disagree. I never really cared too much for their music, and then i had the unfortunate experience of actually seeing White Zombie live about ten years ago.

Rob sounded like shit live...really like shit. After that experience i disliked them even more. Some of my friends like 'em though, but i just can't get into them.

I remember seeing an interview with White Zombie on that channel Fuse--at the time it was still called MuchMusic if anyone remembers that--anyway he was saying how he hates NY--How it is so cold and dirty here. Well that really pissed me off. If he doesn't like it here, he can stay the fuck out of here and no one will miss him.

YEah, I really liked White Zombie, didn't much care for his solo stuff, too poppy for me, though Superbeast is a great tune, especially on acid. Though to be fair, I only listened to his first solo album a couple times, and haven't heard any of the others. Weird you brought it up, cause I've been listening to Astro Creep for like 2 weeks straight now.

Didnt White Zombie put out an EP back in the day called something like God of thunder and the cover art had Rob beating Gene Simmons?

I remember seeing an ad for it in Metal Maniacs or Aardshok America and am pretty sure it was White Zombie

DeathsHead said:
Didnt White Zombie put out an EP back in the day called something like God of thunder and the cover art had Rob beating Gene Simmons?

I remember seeing an ad for it in Metal Maniacs or Aardshok America and am pretty sure it was White Zombie

The album cover has him holding Gene by the hair on top of his head. And according to Rob, Gene wasnt offended and even liked their version of God of Thunder.

f153174uku1.jpg

I dig the song Feed The Gods, Tempesta is playing really amazing groove in it! I can't figure out the hi-hat notes, maybe MyHatred could help me with this one :) I also thought Sean Yseult was pretty good chick. Rob Zombie was banging her, right? Strange taste in men she has :)

johnnieCzech said:
I dig the song Feed The Gods, Tempesta is playing really amazing groove in it! I can't figure out the hi-hat notes, maybe MyHatred could help me with this one :)

Sorry dude:ill:
I've never played a White Zombie song in my life. They are one band that I just could not get into. Rob Zombie's new song they play on the radio "Educated Horses" makes me wanna stick a fork in my ears. Is he even trying anymore? That shit sounds the Village People doing a metal disco song.

I do enjoy Tempesta's work on the new Helmet album though.

I HEARD THEIR FIRST EP OR AND/OR INDEPENDENT LP WAS GREAT. THEY WERE AROUND FOR AHWILE BEFORE HITTING THE BIG TIME. I'LL ADMIT I NEVER GOT ANY OF THEIR STUFF BUT THAT ONCE SONG THUDERKISS 65 OR WHATEVER THE FIRST BIG SONG THEY HAD WITH THE VIDEO WAS PRETTY CATHCY AND HEAVY FOR THE TIME

The13thCandle said:
He still puts on a good show. toned down on the theatrics and more focused on the music. killer show and good set list. Lacuna coil also sounded great.
Yeah I saw Zombie on the 1st. Great show. He dosent need all the theatrics to be kick ass. He toned that down on "Educated Horses" too. Much more general creepyness than the horror shows Hellbilly and Sinister Urge were.