Anyone know any bad Black Metal bands?

V.V.V.V.V. said:
I officialy declare this a completely awful topic that cannot possibly be helpful to anyone at all and is officious enough to cause large scale flame wars of +3 Complete Pointlessness, by the way.

Well everyone else seems to be fine with it so I guess you're the oddball. I think's it's rather funny.

WNxScythe said:
Well everyone else seems to be fine with it so I guess you're the oddball. I think's it's rather funny.

Yes everyone is fine with arguing over whether albums are brilliant or not.

It's not bad now but trust me. It will elevate.

V.V.V.V.V. said:
I officialy declare this a completely awful topic that cannot possibly be helpful to anyone at all and is officious enough to cause large scale flame wars of +3 Complete Pointlessness, by the way.

Most topics end like a flame war in this forum.

they
Erik said:
It's actually far better than "Herbstleyd" from what I've heard. "Herbstleyd" is FUCKING patchy. Overall... Nargaroth aren't really worth investigating, but "Manchmal Wenn Sie Schläft" off "Geliebte..." is one of Kanwulf's better creations...
You think so?
I think the new album is too stretched, too boring, too "depressive suicidal BM", too monotonous.
I found Herbstleyd really great when it comnes to atmosphere and emotions.
Also the music itsself was better imo because it was not nearly as repetitive.

I agree about Geliebte des Regens being bad black metal
I would like to include Graveland's Celtic Winter, although i know that most people will disagree.

Guardian of Darkness said:
Yeah, I don't find Watain that interesting.
Watain is decent, but definitely not the "OMFG, SAVIORS OF BM!!!!" like they get credit for being.

AsModEe said:
Most topics end like a flame war in this forum.

Indeed, differing opinions often cause instantaneous meltdowns. But in this case, this topic is just asking to be a flame war. In other words, it started out on the wrong foot just by the topic title! Who says that?!

indeed. who asks for bands that suck, with a serious objective? would you ask for recommendations for the worst band ever, and then want to listen? aside from a laugh or an intended insult, there's really no point...

There might be a point to asking questions like this. I'd be interested to see if people pointed out any bands that I'm a fan of. I'd also be interested in checking out bands that everyone says are shitty, seeing if I can see some appeal in them. People like music for a variety of reasons, and "one man's trash is another man's treasure," as the saying goes.

its very odd how no one has even mentions cradle of filth. how can anyone here have missed naming that shit band

Xasthur fucking sucks. A lot.

And Cradle Of Filth isn't Black Metal. You should know better.

Jean Pierre said:
Oh, when Nargaroth is on, they make some of the most kickass stuff out there. But "Geliebte des Regens" is fucking terrible, I mean, the exact opposite of perfect.
Well it has nothing on Herbstleyd or even his Rasluka EPs but I wouldn't go that far. It is a little too redundent but the riffs themselves are very good, espeically the middle two tracks. There was no reason to put an insturmental version of the second track on the album. Do we really need to hear a seventeen minute song that is that repetitive twice?

Gaurdian of Darkness said:
My take is that Mayhem did their bit to pave the way for the best black metal, but never created anything brilliant themselves
I couldn't have said it any better. I was thinking about it today... I'll probably never listen to DSMD on my own volition again. Not cuz it's that bad, but cuz there is always something better to listen to.

Freanan said:
I think the new album is too stretched, too boring, too "depressive suicidal BM", too monotonous.
Are you talking about Shooting Angles? Its pretty dark, but its definiteley not depresive in the sense that say Shining are.

Silent Song said:
indeed. who asks for bands that suck, with a serious objective? would you ask for recommendations for the worst band ever, and then want to listen? aside from a laugh or an intended insult, there's really no point...

Well, there were a couple reasons I started the thread. First, I wanted it to be an obvious parody of the "good Black Metal bands" thread, and for about three seconds the threads were next to each other. Second, though, I'd like to find some shitty BM and listen to it for no other reason than curiosity's sake. You all have to admit: you've had a lot of fun with this!
:p

How can a person say Watain sucks....hmm.....
Good call about CoF....Not Black Metal in the least and while I'm at it, Neither is Dimmu Borgir. Mayhem not coming up with anything brilliant??? De Mysteriis...is a masterwork.....