Anyone know how I can upload a .wav file of my band?

EvilDeadGod

!DIE!
May 5, 2002
Texas
I got this band Cabra, I want to upload a rehearsal tape and get some opinions. Anyone know how I can do this, I have the files uploaded to the computer in my C drive but dont know how to put them on the web. Thanks to all that can help! Our sound is sort of Melodic Black Metal, or we call it Drunk Mexican Death Metal! :lol:

Well, if I were you, I'd go to www.mp3.com and sign up for their free webspace. They let you host music, and they actually promote it, too.

Another thing, hosting a .wav file is too big and it would take ages for people to download. But if you sign up with mp3.com they give you a link to MusicMatch's software which will convert it from .wav to .mp3 which is a much smaller file size without losing much quality at all.

Originally posted by Ultima Ibanez Overlord
Well, if I were you, I'd go to www.mp3.com and sign up for their free webspace. They let you host music, and they actually promote it, too.

Another thing, hosting a .wav file is too big and it would take ages for people to download. But if you sign up with mp3.com they give you a link to MusicMatch's software which will convert it from .wav to .mp3 which is a much smaller file size without losing much quality at all.

Not to mention that you can sign up to be paid for every time someone downloads your song..you can have your songs made into a cd & sold on mp3.com..and you can make songs available to be placed on compilation-type cds as well. Definitely check out mp3.com.

Originally posted by Ultima Ibanez Overlord

I like mp3.com, ive used it myself in the past for a couple of bands i was in, but you do lose a considerable amount of quality when converting to mp3 format. whether most people hear it or not is another matter

i definitely still recommend it though :D