Anyone know how to differentiate between the new DVDs and the bad ones?

BrianD

New Metal Member
May 9, 2003
Portland, Oregon
Visit site
There are definitely some funky spots in the one I got and it has a 2004 copyright. I would have expected a 2005 release to have a 2005 copyright.
I got mine from Barnesandnoble.com.

I think it would be good to know the difference also. Usually when things like this happen, there are identifying marks on the disc(s) itself. Of course, this does not help the consumer who is only able to view the outside packaging. If the recall effort was successful, however, no one should actually have any of the previous version.

BrianD said:
There are definitely some funky spots in the one I got and it has a 2004 copyright. I would have expected a 2005 release to have a 2005 copyright.
I got mine from Barnesandnoble.com.

ich bin besser said:
I have the new one and it's 2004 copyright, too.
What funky spots do you mean, btw?

I'll have to verify this weekend, but if memory serves correctly, a part that really sticks out is in the middle of "Paint the Picture" right after the guitar solo where there is a close up of Ted doing some strums through his Piezo pickups (Acoustic Gtr. sound). It is WAY out of sync.

Yeah, seems that there are certain camera angles where the whole thing is out of sync. It's almost in every song and a bit annoying. But I love the DVD nevertheless.
The bad DVDs had audio problems.

I think it's really far from annoying! I would say that those are normal probs if you have multiangle tracks und not lots of time and money to correct it.
I'm nobody who likes things because he owns them....but this DVD I love!

ich bin besser said:
Yeah, seems that there are certain camera angles where the whole thing is out of sync. It's almost in every song and a bit annoying. But I love the DVD nevertheless.
The bad DVDs had audio problems.

Don't get me wrong. If what I got is the latest and greatest, then I'm happy. As I've said before, I've never seen the band, so seeing this DVD is great.