Does Anyone Know How To Burn DVDs?

ScientistOfDarkness

a prophet in cosmology
Feb 7, 2003
Mercer Island, WA
So I've had my computer which came with a dvd burner for over a year, and just today I bought DVD RWs for the first time. And I have absolutely no frigging clue what to do. I don't even know where to start. I don't want to burn a DVD I have right now, I have an .avi file I want to put on a dvd. Do I have to rip it or what...into what format where the hell's the software? I'm stupid, someone help me please. :erk:

personally, I would wait til faster DVD burners come out. From what I understand, DVD burners are horrendously slow (as a result of the technology being developed).

But I'm sure somebody can actually help you with your problem as opposed to me just...commenting

Well... 4x = 4 MB/sec, about (for DVD burners ONLY) so... 20 minutes for a DVD? Something like that. That's actually not painfully slow.

Ahh, movies, they can take a while yes.
BWN, you need a program with which to write the DVD. Didn't one come with the writer?

NoLordy Capone said:
Ahh, movies, they can take a while yes.
BWN, you need a program with which to write the DVD. Didn't one come with the writer?
I looked through all my computer crap and couldn't find a thing, I ran a search on all of my computer and didn't come up with anything. The only thing I made any sense out of was something that said I had to rip the .avi file into an iso file then burn it onto the dvd. I got some software online that you can burn dvds with but it says they must be ISO/VOB files or something. So I downloaded an iso ripping thingie and it reads like chinese I have no idea what to do with it, I'm not messing with that program. Back to square one.

Wow. I'm hands-on, (No, not hands on you, unless you asked.) so I'd have to be there to help you... I can't do shit without being able to see it. :) Are there any Computer techies in your neighborhood?

NoLordy Capone said:
Wow. I'm hands-on, (No, not hands on you, unless you asked.) so I'd have to be there to help you... I can't do shit without being able to see it. :) Are there any Computer techies in your neighborhood?
I'm usually the one people call for computer help. I know I seem stupid here, but I have avoided the dvd burner for this very reason, I know NOTHING about it and don't want to feel ignorant. If you fixed it you could put your hands on me :tickled: Seriously, I get really frustrated when I can't figure something out. I am scared of the dvd, hehe

Well, I imagine you could ask around if anyone has a program like Easy CD & DVD creator, or Recordnow MAX, something along that line...

To Burn DVD's

Step one: get DVD
Step two: start a good hot fire
Step three: insert DVD ( face up ) into fire mentioned in step 2
Step Four: After 4 mins remove from flame and enjoy

See so simple!:dopey: