Need help to burn DVD!

the phenom

Jun 7, 2007
Finland
Can anyone tell me a software to burn AVI/other videofiles to a DVD. The file is 1.7 gigabytes and Nero Essentials can't seem to fit it to 1 DVD at all so it can be playbacked on a DVD player. So i need something to make it into DVD files. Doesn't matter if it gets larger than 4.7 gigabytes because the fucking fail program Nero still has "recode" feature.

So help please :)

It would also help if the program can create menus and chapters.

I'll tell you later when I get back.

Till then download Nero (make sure it's a proper version with Nero Express) and get WinAvi Video Converter too.

Download WinAvi converter, install it.
Open it.
Click the "DVD" circle in the bottom right corner.
A thing will pop up that will let you browse to where the AVI file you want to convert is.
Click the file. (If there's a movie that's broken up into 2 AVI, pick them both but make sure part 1 is above part 2 in the box below "Files that will be converted".
Then choose an output directory (where the new converted file will end up)... Mine is my external harddrive but you can use your desktop.
Then make sure the output format says DVD.
Click Ok and leave your computer so it can convert the movie (Usually takes 30mins-1 hour depending on the size of the movie).

When it's done you now have a .VOB file that can be burned easily with Nero and will work in a DVD player.
(The file should be in a folder called DVD_01 or something wherever you chose to save it, you can rename it though.)

NOW TO BURN...

Open Nero.
Click Nero Express.
Click Video/Pictures, then click DVD-Video files.
Click add. Select ALL the files in the VIDEO_TS folder only, the audio_ts folder is useless.
Click next, then burn, then VOILA. In 3-10 mins depending on the files the movie will burn.

Enjoy.