Anyone knows what bass Martin uses?

RoyII

New Metal Member
Mar 5, 2005
I know he uses a laney amp and one of his basses is a Marcus Miller signature, but he has another fender and perhaps he uses others for studio, anyone knows?

I got a new bass today. It was a cheap Silvertone.... I don't know how to tune it and I think the strings might be too high cause they're like this far [---] from the neck.... Is that normal? And how do I tune it? :(

p.s. Opeth ROCKS! :D

^ are you kidding? throw it away. not worth the effort to fix the action.

edit: and what do you mean "how do you tune it?" EADG would be a good start but i think youre just shitting with us.

ZeDzEdZeD said:
All of them are Fender Jazz basses as far I've seen. Main bass is Marcus Miller signature Jazz.

Dammit I was gonna say that...

One of the first things you do before you start learning to play a bass is to learn to tune...and that's addressed to you specifically, not to the general public...

Oinkness said:
And how do I tune it? :(

??? and your sig says that you are currently writing material for an upcoming release. Am I missing something here?

Oinkness said:
I got a new bass today. It was a cheap Silvertone.... I don't know how to tune it and I think the strings might be too high cause they're like this far [---] from the neck.... Is that normal? And how do I tune it? :(

i hope you're joking or not the bassist in your band.

go to a shop and let them explain you how to tune the thing and adjust the neck or the bridge...from you description it's not possible to exactly understand your problem...or post some pics. and get a guitar/bass tuner....they are like 15$ or smth

Oinkness said:

ok, you see the little flat silver or black things at the headstock?

Those are called 'tuning pegs'

you turn them.

^keep turning and turning them. dont stop. follow with shotgun blast to the head.

0257802521_md.jpg

http://www.fender.com/products/search.php?partno=0257802521

it looks great, sounds ok, and is heavy as fukk.
Martin's gotta be in shape by now, carrying this log of wood around..

coolsnow7 said:
Dammit I was gonna say that...

One of the first things you do before you start learning to play a bass is to learn to tune...and that's addressed to you specifically, not to the general public...

I remeber 1 bass was white and another was classic sunburst. Someone can confirm that?