Anyone knows what bass Martin uses?

How many people have listened to Marcus Miller's music? That guy is sick on bass. I only have M2 but there are some awesome songs on there. He does some collaboration with Victor Wooten too, you guys should check his stuff out if you haven't.

01%20Fender%20Telecaster.jpg

Jackson_SL1.JPG

Heh, I've made my pick :)

taking jackson over fender is...strange!

i thought that fender design was lame too a while ago but it now seems to make sense to me (at least the strat and the fender precision-design).

Fender's problem is that they've been relying on the same fucking designs for the past 50 years. yeah, yeah, the j- and p-basses are classics, but christ! Leo Fender sold fender to CBS and moved on to Musicman, then G&L, and Fender still just churned out variations of his Fender work! I love a good 60s Jazz bass (my main bass is pretty much a spiffed up j-bass), but I really have no respect for Fender as a company.

haggard said:
Fender's problem is that they've been relying on the same fucking designs for the past 50 years. yeah, yeah, the j- and p-basses are classics, but christ! Leo Fender sold fender to CBS and moved on to Musicman, then G&L, and Fender still just churned out variations of his Fender work! I love a good 60s Jazz bass (my main bass is pretty much a spiffed up j-bass), but I really have no respect for Fender as a company.

thats precisely why i went with this:
l2000-cherryburst.jpg

G&L L2000
except mine's body is black.

sounds really nice.. very warm tone. I checked out Marcus Miller at the same time, but this one sounded much better in my opinion.

mh...why would you change a well-selling design anyway?

i am not defending fender as a company here but i think it's at least not denyable that fenderguitars have a great feel and sound...

[KOTNO]Narrot said:
mh...why would you change a well-selling design anyway?

i am not defending fender as a company here but i think it's at least not denyable that fenderguitars have a great feel and sound...

True - but if you had the power of the Fender name behind you, wouldn't you want to at least try to bring something new to the table? Fender is simply resting on their laurels. They have the ability, money, and time to really contribute and create an exciting new bass design - why won't they? I just don't get it.

i think the other bass he uses is an "american Deluxe Jazz" or something olong those lines. I dont mind the fendez bass's but they dont seem very versitile in sound.

i dont know, i guess the old stuff is still selling and also, they have changed stuff about their guitars and basses but just not the fundamental specs like shape and stuff. there's been much change about pick-ups, electronics, mechanics and that kind of stuff...

i wouldnt mind them bringing some new designs and stuff at all, but i would go with a strat anyway...