mike's guitar

It's not too hard to find from www.opeth.com...

Name: Mikael Åkerfeldt
Birth date: April 17, 1974
Lives in: Stockholm/Sweden
Family: Anna, 2 cats (Maurice DeBracy and Isaac of York) Mother, father, sister and relatives.

Equipment: PRS Custom 24, PRS CE24
Fender Stratocaster, BC Rich Mockingbird Martin 00016GT, Takamine EF385, Amalio Burguet 3am Seagull S6CW, Landola CT2, Laney GT100L w/cabinet Laney VC100, Fender 1000 Rocpro, Boss GT3, Boss GT6 Boss BR8, Zoom RT123, Gibson Les Paul Std., Fender Stratocaster (1975), CF. Martin 000-28, Amalio Burguet 2am, Laney Combo VC100

Favourite Opeth tracks: Hope leaves, Deliverance, Bleak, Face of Melinda, When, Nectar, Under the weeping moon
Least favourite Opeth track: The night and the silent water
Best event in career: Wacken 2001, Milwaukee 2000, Milan 2001, Rome 1996, Dynamo 2002
Worst event in career: Osnabruck 2001 when I lost my voice on stage.

Favourite food: Tacos, fish soup with sapphron and aioli
Favourite drinks: Carlsberg beer, Corona, coke, water, pear juice, scotch & coke, vodka & russian
Bad habits: Marlboro lights (trying to quit!)

Last seen movie: Reservoir dogs (for the 10th time), The wicker man
Favourite movie: The deer hunter, Star 80, Taxidriver, Cuckoo’s nest, King of Comedy, Goodfellas, Usual suspects, Reservoir dogs, The excorcist, The omen, Elephant man, The shining

Favourite actor/actress: Robert DeNiro, Jack Nicholson, Eric Roberts, Meryl Streep, Harvey Keitel, Jeff Bridges, Tim Roth, Joe Pesci, Benicio Del Toro
Favourite TV series: Not following anything at the time

Favourite video/computer game: Grand theft auto 3 + Vice city, Silent hill 1 & 2, Syphon filter 1 & 2, Phantasmagoria 2, The beast within

Favourite book: American psycho, 3rd stone from the sun
Last read book: Glamorama by Bret Easton Ellis (Great!)
Favourite magazine: Classic rock, Terrorizer, BW&BK, Close up

Last bought record: Upgrading my copies of Mountain “Avalanche”, Moody blues “On the threshold of a dream” + “Seventh sojourn” + the self titled Kiss record.
First bought record: Iron Maiden ­ Number of the beast
Best ever song: A day in the life ­ The Beatles
Best ever album: Sabbath bloody Sabbath ­ Black Sabbath, tied with Porcupine tree ­ In absentia
Favourite songwriter: The Beatles (living & dead), Ritchie Blackmore, Steven Wilson, Stefan Dimle/Reine Fiske, Jimmy Page
Favourite musician: The above + Andy Latimer, Jerry Donahue, Trey Azagthoth, David Vincent, David Coverdale, Ronnie Dio, Rob Halford, Jörn Lande, Yngwie Malmsteen.

Playlist (June ­03):
Anekdoten - Gravity
Whitesnake - Ready an' willing
Led Zeppelin - III
Kiss - Hotter than hell
The human beast - Volume one
Muddy Waters - Electric mud
Budgie - Budgie
Travis - The invisible band
Morbid Angel - Covenant
Popol vuh - Hosianna mantra

Staffan said:
But it seems to me that it doesn't hold the tuning too well... he's often tuning between the songs.

You'll go out of tune a lot more in a live setting, and it probably doesnt go out by much, but when gigging you want to be perfectly in a tune as possibly whenever you can.

Perhaps he's not tuning it but just likes playing with the knobs a bit to calm down like

PRS Custom 24, PRS CE24
Fender Stratocaster, BC Rich Mockingbird Martin 00016GT, Takamine EF385, Amalio Burguet 3am Seagull S6CW, Landola CT2, Laney GT100L w/cabinet Laney VC100, Fender 1000 Rocpro, Boss GT3, Boss GT6 Boss BR8, Zoom RT123, Gibson Les Paul Std., Fender Stratocaster (1975), CF. Martin 000-28, Amalio Burguet 2am, Laney Combo VC100

PRS CUSTOM 24...
BC RICH MOCKINGBIRD MARTIN 00016GT...

I LOVE YOUR GUITARS MIKE :tickled:

I've seen them play some guitars.

Mike > Blue PRS 24fret, Seymour Duncan pickups
and a Fender Stratocaster, Blue Les Paul vintage
Peter > White Jackson Flying V, RRstyle, Sunburst PRS, and yellowish Les Paul

OMG! Mikael has the best taste in the world when it comes to music, books, and movies. Most of his favorites are mine. :)

What song is hope leaves? Is it Damnation? I don't know the Damnation songs as well as the others.