Mikael's strings

Needled24Seven said:
the gauge only effects how it plays, it may sound a tiny tiny bit chunkier but no one would notice a difference.

Completely untrue.

I can tell a HUGE difference in sound between GHS, D'Addario, and DR strings, and that's on my ELECTRIC!

On an acoustic guitar there's even MORE of a noticable difference.

Do you even play guitar? If so, you might need to get your hearing checked.

Needled24Seven said:
the gauge makes a way bigger difference then brand unless your lookin for strings under a buck. not that i would say the guage that big of a difference, especially for an electric guitar with some sort of distortion you wont really notice at all. as for the brand of strings i have two different set of brand strings on my acoustic guitar and you cant tell the difference at all. so there you go.

I would completely disagree with this as well.

To me at least there is a MUCH more noticable difference between say a set of D'Addario .010 gauge strings and a set of DR .010's than there is between say a set of a DR .009's and DR .010's.

[KOTNO]Narrot said:
he listens to children of bodom appereantly...what do you expect ;) ;)

Hey now, don't be raggin' on the Wild Child!!!!!!

I listen to CoB too, but I can at least hear the difference between different types of guitar strings.

I bet Alexi Laiho can too.... :p

Hmmm..i can usually tell the difference between someone playing with Ernie Ball Slinkies of any type and someone playing with D'Addarios...(im no real fan of D'Addario since they keep breaking! >_<)

ANyway, what does it matter what Mikael plays....i do know one thing..from the sound of his acoustic guitar, it sounds like hes using a heavier gauge than normal....

I've been playing guitar for almost 4 years now and at first I didn't think gauge would make a huge difference, but I can definitely hear the difference now. You listen to someone like EVH and you can tell he's using lighter gauge strings than say Stevie Ray Vaughn or Randy Rhoads.

Posted By: mooserider
did anyone ever ask what guitar strings mike uses for his acoustic guitar? I'm really interested and the only thing the website says is daddario... any clues anyone?

I think he uses D'Addario .010-.046 strings. Normal set. Or maybe hybrids.. :ill: