Anyone see Slayer on Fallon?

sufferer

Feb 18, 2002
St. Petersburg, FL
Slayer was on Jimmy Fallon the other night, I DVR'd it and man it was fucking amazing! They sounded great Tom's voice is as good as I've ever heard it, sucks he can't headbang anymore. They were violent, offensive and didn't give a fuck in true Slayer style. It was great watching them play right in front of The Roots too, I'm sure they loved it:lol:0Can't wait to see them with Anthrax in October I'm pumped!

Slayer has always fucked shit up. Bands like Anthrax should really pay attention to them. Slayer has never made any grungy pop songs like Safe Home, etc etc. Has never changed their sound to try and get on radio etc. When metal wasn't cool anymore in the 90's Slayer didn't give a fuck. They just kept doing their thing and that is why Slayer has some of the most die hard fans of any metal band in history. Can't really say the same for Anthrax who changed their sound once Metal wasn't cool anymore.

If Anthrax would have kept going in the same direction they were going with POT I can garuntee they would not have turned into a small club band. They would be up there with Slayer, Pantera, etc. Sure they would have had some tough years like the rest of the bands. But it wouldn't have been any worse than the Stomp, Vol 8 and WCFYA years, that I can promise.

Much respect to Slayer

agreed! Slayer are still the rulers of The Thrash game. maidenfan, with that comment you will win antwax's, 6er's, metalmarkk's, Matt Bello's, johnnieCzech's and Stormwatch's favor. *gg*

Anthrax did what Anthrax wanted to do. So sick of whiny bitches saying Slayer did this and Anthrax shouldn't have done that. How many times have people written this same old stuff which we've all read since the early 00s.......Get over it already.

slayer haven't changed. The down side is it feels like they're out of tricks. Their last two albums only make me want to listen to their previous albums more.

That said I'm seeing them on Sunday.

"World Painted Blood" is decent but i don't like the mix, the drums are too low IMO, they should be loud on a Slayer record, the loud drums always facinated me on the old Slayer records, that was something that distinguished them from other Thrash bands in the 80's. anyway it's good that they are still doing it, putting out records and play live, they are still the rulers of the Thrash game, they never sold out, not a single ballad on any Slayer record, still they are big, if not bigger than ever.

murder is my future!!! killing is my future!!! murder is my future!!! killing is my future!!!

Slayer has always fucked shit up. Bands like Anthrax should really pay attention to them. Slayer has never made any grungy pop songs like Safe Home, etc etc. Has never changed their sound to try and get on radio etc. When metal wasn't cool anymore in the 90's Slayer didn't give a fuck. They just kept doing their thing and that is why Slayer has some of the most die hard fans of any metal band in history. Can't really say the same for Anthrax who changed their sound once Metal wasn't cool anymore.

If Anthrax would have kept going in the same direction they were going with POT I can garuntee they would not have turned into a small club band. They would be up there with Slayer, Pantera, etc. Sure they would have had some tough years like the rest of the bands. But it wouldn't have been any worse than the Stomp, Vol 8 and WCFYA years, that I can promise.

Much respect to Slayer

Bullshit.

1. Even Slayer had fans turning their backs to them when they did more groovy stuff with modern influences when "metal wasn't cool anymore". Not as much as other bands, since most people didn't even notice they changed something about their sound.

2. Anthrax could never turn into a small club band, because they always have been one... also i wouldn't call some of the festivals they played with Bush "small clubs", actually they had bigger audiences at Sonisphere with Bush than they ever had with Joey until that Big 4 shows this year.

3. At least Anthrax always did what they really liked. They never changed their sound in order to make more money or because it was trendy. They felt like doing that stuff with Bush. Props to them for not giving a fuck that some of their "fans" hated them for it.

"World Painted Blood" is decent but i don't like the mix, the drums are too low IMO, they should be loud on a Slayer record, the loud drums always facinated me on the old Slayer records, that was something that distinguished them from other Thrash bands in the 80's. anyway it's good that they are still doing it, putting out records and play live, they are still the rulers of the Thrash game, they never sold out, not a single ballad on any Slayer record, still they are big, if not bigger than ever.

murder is my future!!! killing is my future!!! murder is my future!!! killing is my future!!!

So writing a ballad is selling out? :confused:

I have a ton of respect for Slayer. They've stuck to their guns more then any of the other Big Four bands and have still managed to remain relevant. The problem is they just seem to be going through the motions anymore and don't seem like their really into what they're doing. They've went from one of the most exciting live bands on the planet to one of the most boring and predictable. It really looks like they're completely miserable preforming anymore. Kerry King's constant bitching and complaining about everything under the sun doesn't help them either. I know, they're SLAYER, not the Wiggles, but still it just seems like they're missing something anymore.

So writing a ballad is selling out? :confused:

depends on the band, in case of Slayer it would definitely be 'selling out'. when a band that has always played nothing but Thrash Metal comes up with a ballad you wouldn't see them as 'Sellouts'? would you think it's an advancement?