Anyone still into buying albums!?

Mr. Lapin Kulta

Evil invader
Jul 20, 2004
Northernmost Sweden
www.moonsorrow.com
I suppose at least some of you guys n' gals still favour buying albums instead of downloading. I'm an avid collector of music myself and I love seeing what albums other people buy. These are my own purchases from the last two weeks...

Bal-sagoth - The Chthonic Chronicles +++
Mastodon - Call Of The Mastodon +++
Atheist - Piece of time +++++
Darkthrone - Cult is alive ++++
Death - Spiritual healing ++++
Death - Leprosy +++
Decapitated - Organic hallucinosis ++++
Gehenna - Adimirion Black +++
Krixhjälters - Evilution ++
Samael - Reign of Light +++
Agent Steel - Omega Conspiracy +++
Wolf - Wolf ++
Morgana Lefay - Maleficium ++
Skyclad - Jonah's Ark +++++
Lion's Share - Perspective +

Yeah, I tend to buy some albums from time to time.
Latest ones have been:
Blind Guardian - Fly
Labÿrinth - Freeman
DragonForce - Inhuman Rampage.
Green Carnation - The Quiet Offspring
Metsatöll - Terast mis hangund me hinge 10218

And from time to time I get records and the latest arrivals have been:
Bal-Sagoth - The Chthonic Chronicles
Silent Voices - Building Up the Apathy
Ensiferum - Dragonheads

I buy albums whenever I have money,I'm in the process of looking for a job,so I'll probably be buying more.I usually download,then buy the album if i like itand can afford it.I don't like it I keep it on the computer anyway.On multiple occasions I find and mp3 from a band I downloaded a while ago and didn't like and really start to like it.

I don't even have a chance to download whole albums because i can't be arsed to install such fancy d/l programmes and deal with all kinds of additional security measurements :rolleyes:
also the quality is not as good as on CD (though if I listen to some CDs, oh well.....)

sure, those clips or even whole songs are great for getting a rough idea.
i d/l those too of course :)

although clips can be tricky too. for some reason songclips always sound different than the whole song: both worse or better than the regular song.

I hate those ~30sec clips. You can't get a clear idea what the song would be. Some might just put clip out for the nice part of the song and then the rest could be plain rubbish. In my opinnion it would lot smarter if bands/labels would put one whole song online rather than 3-10 small clips.

yeah man I personally enjoy knowing that it is something I bought to support the band that i like! m plus its not a shitty fuckin CDR hahaha silver disc with professionally printed artwork! as ya said Monkeh ...... ya jus cant beat it :)

I recently bought:

Onslaught - The Force
after their memorable concert at Xmass Fest2005 here in Belgium, I need to get an album by this Brittish Thrashers!! the sound quality is not that good, comparing to these days, BUT it doesn't bother me!
Classic album by a Classic band!

Sadus - Out For Blood
latest album by this American Thrash maniac featering Steve DiGorgio on Bass! Kick-Ass album!! fast, heavy, brutal, technical! the way I like my thrash in the morning!!