Anyone (well, axeman720/Mark) have details on the new TBDM CD?

I only liked Miasma, and that album I have...
After listening to their myspace and this thread I went out and bought this album...
Awesome job on it Mark, I'm enjoying it.!!

Best part of this record is the crunchy guitar tone..it's amazing!

great sounding record indeed, and great music too!

mark, the drums sound HUGE. it's like the drums are sitting right behind your mixing desk.

i wonder if any processing was applied to the kick sample in the mix?

also, dual or quad tracked guitars? i'm guessing dual...

btw, the guitars remind me of beneath the massacre dystopia....they both seem to have a similar character...that's another great sounding record btw!

I think it's the Beyer M201 TG

Thats correct sly, m201tg. There is a condenser 201 that looks like the bob barker mic. Dont get that one, haha.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produ..._M201TG_Dynamic_Hypercardioid_Instrument.html

Looks like they've gone up quite a bit in price these days. Used to be about 175 bucks. Great mic, its kind of like a cross between a 57 and 421 but doesnt quite have the presence peak of either mic. Very smooth and big. Good on toms and bottom snare as well.

Guitars dual tracked, yes. No crazy processing on kick, just eq.

Only dual tracked? The overall tightness would have led me to believe that was the case. But man, this tone just snarls. Combined with Andy's mix for the latest Testament, and these 2 releases are just about the best selling point for the 5150III I've heard (and both sound different from each other)...Forget EVH. ;)