Anyone with an Alesis d4? Need a sample!

Melb_shredder

Orpheus: Melodic Death
Mar 9, 2008
Melbourne
Hey guys! Sorry to be a pain in the arse, but does anyone have any samples of the Alesis D4???

I really want the Wages of Sin snare, and apparently it's snare 16 off the Alesis.

Cheers guys, if anyone has any information on how to get these, that would be insane. Cheers

I don't think that's legal to be honest. There is somewhere on the net that sells all the D4 samples that have been recorded through high end studio gear. Don't know the website off the top of my head though...

Yeah that site has just been down for a few days. As I explained lengthy in another recent thread, what they were doing was illegal.

It seems like Alesis finally did take action.

Damn. What a shame, I know somewhere were I could probably use a d4 for maybe about an hour, I might just steal some for myself...

I don't think doing that would be illegal, cause then it wouldnt be any different to what andy did would it?

Damn. What a shame, I know somewhere were I could probably use a d4 for maybe about an hour, I might just steal some for myself...

I don't think doing that would be illegal, cause then it wouldnt be any different to what andy did would it?

Well he owns the unit (AFAIK), so he has the rights to have the samples on his recordings.

Alesis never cared for these things until recently.

If you know someone who has the unit and he lends it you for some time, you're alright.

Edit: As the end user, you will never have to fear anything using these samples. But those who sold them, illegally share them, get pulled down eventually. It just took years for Alesis to take action against this site.

i bought the D4 pack online last year for $20. Pretty sure it was from the Alesis website... but maybe it was the 'questionable' page that you guys are talking about.