Anyways..Does anybody likes the rolling stones?

chichecapo

Jan 21, 2005
On this board?
I started listening to them when I was 29(not so long ago though)
You know..If You´re Metal you have to hate the Stones concept..
"All for the money" and shit..
And I´m glad i got rid of it.
This might be their very last tour and maybe You should go and have some good time.
They deliver....

chichecapo said:
On this board?
I started listening to them when I was 29(not so long ago though)
You know..If You´re Metal you have to hate the Stones concept..
"All for the money" and shit..
And I´m glad i got rid of it.
This might be their very last tour and maybe You should go and have some good time.
They deliver....

believe it or not my dad got me into the stones when i was 12 or 13(a pretty while back)

I have about 4 of their songs on my iPod and that is all I need, you just need that 40 licks disk or whatever good tunes on there for me. Their ticket prices can be ridiculous at times though. I would never pay upwards of 500 bucks for premium seats!

put them in the same grade as led zeppelin and u2 as far as listening to them,they have a few cool songs but are rather boring after a few listens.

I used to listen to the first few albums (''64 - 68). They got some great songs - [I]Get Out Of My Cloud, Under My Thumb, Mother's Little Helper[/I], and, of course, Paint It Black (you might wanna check the G.Tipton/R.Trujillo version out). You also might need to look at this band in perspective - Richards was one of those who started heavy metal style in the middle of 60s. Yeah, he is definitely one of the 10 top classic rock guitars (Zappa, Hendrix, Page, Townsend, Beck, Blackmore, Fripp, Angus, Eddie, M. Schenker... - good subject for another useless poll :))

The Rolling stones are an excellent band!!!

Aswell as all of those classic '60's singles,they made top class albums from '68-'81 with the exception of "Emotional Recuse" in 1980 and "It's Only Rock'n'Roll" in '74. Can't argue with the gold stuff---"Exile On Main Street" / "Sticky Fingers" / "Some Girls" / "Beggars Banquet" / "Tattoo You" / "Let it Bleed"/ "Get Yer Ya-Ya's Out" ..etc....

Even the new one is great! Got it last Friday and it really is a good 'un.