Metallica to open for the Stones in SF

They need to recharge their batteries. I've seen Metallica 5 times, and the last show I saw was in spring of 04 for the St. Anger tour. It was by far the WORST Metallica show I've ever seen. They seemed really lost without Newsted jacking up the crowd. There were actually people SITTING DOWN all over the place. I couldn't believe what I was seeing. Maybe it was just on off night for them, but that was tough to see.

ironmaidenfan09 said:
Atleast the Stones never sold out. Fuck Metallica and anyone that supports those piles of shit.

duh!!!!!!!! name one good Stones album from the 80's , the 90's and 2000
bet you can't!!!!!!!cause they haven't put out anything decent the last decades.
Or maybe you wanna try some Jagger solo albums, that shit didn't sell past 5000 copies from his latest , and he got dumped by his label!!
no offence to you maiden but I fuckin hate the Stones, the can't sell shit on cd but every tour they give you got millions of wannabees watching some old farts in wheelchairs playing grannyrock!!GODDAMIT !!!!! CAN SOMEBODY SHOOT MICK JAGGER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rozy157 said:
They need to recharge their batteries. I've seen Metallica 5 times, and the last show I saw was in spring of 04 for the St. Anger tour. It was by far the WORST Metallica show I've ever seen. They seemed really lost without Newsted jacking up the crowd. There were actually people SITTING DOWN all over the place. I couldn't believe what I was seeing. Maybe it was just on off night for them, but that was tough to see.

Yeah, they difinately miss Newsteds ability to keep the crowd motivated. Seen them twice on the last tour and yeah, they lacked allot of the passion they used to have. I think Hetfields inability to talk to the crowd is a big problem. Don't get me wrong, fair digs for jackin in the booze but he don't interact like he used to and when he does it's all this "Metallica loves you shit"...... in sayin that, metallica at their worst is better than allot of bands best :D

there was a time when i wanted to see Metallica, but now i wouldnt want to go to one of their shows.

the disappointment that is St. Anger

the loss of newsted

Hetfeild needs to be on the drugs again, or he sucks.

even then the ticket prices are steep for how good they really arent anymore.

who ever said because its easier to upstage senior citizens( dont feel like looking, celebrated something tonight) well god bless you thats exactly what it is, so they dont look as bad as they should.

dutchy said:
CAN SOMEBODY SHOOT MICK JAGGER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I think Mike Ness will kick your ass for that one :D

I like the stones but you're right Dutchy - nothing real great from 1980 ----->>>

there was a time when i wanted to see Metallica, but now i wouldnt want to go to one of their shows.
yeah james called me crying from his dressing room when he heard this news :loco:
the good news was he was shooting up when he called

Inside Out said:
Just for the ignorance in that statement, I hope the sharp talons of addiction tear into you and never let go.

ironmaidenfan09 said:
Atleast the Stones never sold out.
Which is why corporate america sponsors their tours and seats on the field go for $450 dollars. And how many Stones songs have I heard in commercials?

Sorry... but that sure sounds like selling out to me. At least Metallica's music hasn't been used in an automobile commerical yet. I realize a lot of you are bitter in terms of the direction the band has gone and how popular they've become since 1991, but fucking hell. As lackluster as the last album was, at least they didn't write 11 songs of radio singles... it was about the least mainstream thing they've done in a long, long time.

oh god who wrote this drivel of a press release ???

"NOTHING TO SELL, nothing to promote, nothing to talk about . . . no fuckin' agenda at all. ..."

"Tickets for November 13th are already SOLD OUT, but tickets are STILL AVAILABLE for the November 15th show. (CLICK HERE FOR TICKETS). If you are a member of The Metallica Club, check the Metclub.com website to find out how you can PURCHASE a special allocation of tickets, selected just for Clubbers!"