METALLICA: Review, Photos From Second ROLLING STONES Concert Posted Online - Nov. 16,

remington69 said:
I'm pretty partial to "Nothing Else Matters" seeing as I used it as my first dance song at my wedding. Awwww.....(you can puke now)

That's a good choice for a song. It's alot better than Creeping Death.

We had a blizzard for our wedding so our original DJ with our original list of songs never showed up. Our replacement played a bunch of suck ass tunes. Luckily my friend had Monster Ballads so pretty much everything from that CD we played along with Angel Eyes by Steelheart which was the song we danced too. The song we came out to, though, was Mankind's theme song. If I had thought about it sooner, I was going to have some of my brother's friends hold up signs like they do at the wrestling events. Talk about a geek.

eighteeschick said:
The song we came out to, though, was Mankind's theme song. If I had thought about it sooner, I was going to have some of my brother's friends hold up signs like they do at the wrestling events. Talk about a geek.

Our bridal party came out Hulk Hogan's "Real American" theme, and we came out to the A-Team theme song.

that would of been a great show to see. too bad the stones are ripping off everyone with 400 buck tickets for shitty seats.

jcfuel said:
*snipped*

Is it because they change their sound? Yes, from "great" to "awful"
because they cut they hair? No. I shaved all mine off year ago.
because they do what they want? No, though I do wish they wouldn't release recordings of them doing what they want when the product is so poor.
because they earn a lot of money? No, I wish more bands were as succesful.
because there's a corporate managment behind them? Could't give a toss.

but respect the people that do enjoy their music.

*well said that man. I don't like their stuff since ...AJFA at all, but if all people ad the same opinions as me, the world would be a duller place.

I am a diehard fan, a member of the club *what you do with your hard earned is your business!
Cheers

Calling Metallica fans little bitches was a bit harsh, but I don't care for their modern sound either, sorry.

DarbysDad said:
What a board I open by big yap because I hate Enter Sandman due to overplay and it turns into WWF, puking and weddings? :D

Don't forget the A-team! As I was typing my post, I was thinking someone is going to give me shit for not sticking with the topic.

eighteeschick said:
Don't forget the A-team! As I was typing my post, I was thinking someone is going to give me shit for not sticking with the topic.
I pity the fool that gives you shit for talking about Hannibal! :D

I saw them plast year, it was incredible. Too bad Lars is a lazy fucking elf that only plays double bass when he wants to.

This setlist seems way too commercial. And Enter Sandman is Metallica's song, but people name themselves after Leper Messiah on metal boards for God's sake. To me that is their signature song on their signature album. Also, Sanitarium got a lot of airplay but it doesn't get played at EVERY concert.
Sorry if that sounds like hating, I haven't seen them personally but I hear they put on one king hell of a show.

remington69 said:
Our bridal party came out Hulk Hogan's "Real American" theme, and we came out to the A-Team theme song.

OMG, that's awesome. Did the bridal party put their hands by their ears to get the crowd to make noise?

I filmed a wedding reception a couple months ago where this old lady was rocking out to "You Shook Me All Night Long." It was hilarious.

Jowood said:
This setlist seems way too commercial. And Enter Sandman is Metallica's song, but people name themselves after Leper Messiah on metal boards for God's sake. To me that is their signature song on their signature album. Also, Sanitarium got a lot of airplay but it doesn't get played at EVERY concert.
Sorry if that sounds like hating, I haven't seen them personally but I hear they put on one king hell of a show.

Master of Puppets is the signature song, well IMO

GM_Thrasher said:
It's great to see Metallica playing well again, someone on the Metallica BB said it was like they were reborn.

Can't wait for the new album!:headbang:
I've seen One from the Stones gig. I'd say everyone was in good form, except for...Lars. One started off nicely. He fucked the double kick badly. Like a newbie drummer. Sad. He played worse than Louie Clemente, who hadn't played in more than a decade (right?)! Just 6 years ago I still thought he was a good drummer. I've listened to Master of Puppets again after a long time and there's some good drumming on there, Justice and black album as well. What the hell has happened to this guy? Isn't it insane that other drummers of his generation, like Charlie, Lombardo, are probably better than they were 20 years ago? I remember an interview with Newsted some years ago (I think he was still in the band) and he said Lars hadn't put thought into how to improve his drumming and had stagnated.

I'm glad to see some voices of reason here. Look, I respect that Load et. al are not for everyone, but I think they should be judged on their own merits, as collections of recorded music. I think the black album is one of the defining records of the 90s, I think Load has great music on it. I think Hetfield should be applauded for trying to do something different. I don't like S&M but I love No Leaf Clover. I'm not a huge fan of St. Anger, but I think there's some good music there, in spite of unfortunate Pro Tools hack work.

I'm not hopeful about their future; Lars is clearly not into it at all anymore, James and Kirk as well, I'd say.